• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sufferer CSA survivor and more. Just started proper therapy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TillyBug

New Here
Hello, I'm Tilly. I dealt with numerous types of abuse when I was a kid. From being beaten and bullied severely when I was very young to being sexually assaulted. In my adult life, I resolved an ED and have dealt with more trauma after being raped twice. I finally started seeing a therapist who has worked with trauma survivors before at the end of last year. I was immediately diagnosed with PTSD and she was stunned that none of my other therapists had brought it up. She's been super helpful but I'm just starting to unpack all of my unhealthy coping mechanisms, etc. Just want a place to talk to others who understand. And who can maybe help me figure out a bit more about what's going on in my head.

@Sideways
Thank you :) It took a lot of support and I still struggle, but I feel so much better now that I'm eating properly and learning to be okay with my body. I do wish that no one had reason to be on the forum, but I'm glad to find a support network like this, where we can meet others with similar experiences. Hopefully, all of us can find a way to lessen symptoms.
@NatBird
Thanks! I do think that the forum will help. I have a lot of trouble talking to my friends because they do not have the same issues and can't understand some of the things I think and feel. I'm hoping that I can discuss all that with people who do get it and can help me understand it better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back