• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Cymbalta - Can You Share Info On The Side Effects You’ve Experienced?

Status
Not open for further replies.

whiteraven

MyPTSD Pro
I've been having severe pain from fibromyalgia and a couple of other things. My doctor said we could either try Elavil or Cymbalta. Elavil is out - been there, done that - but I'm wondering about the Cymbalta. I think I've tried it before for depression, but can't remember. And can't remember, if I did, why I stopped it.

I'm mostly interested in anyone who has been on it and can share info on the side effects they've experienced.

I'm mostly interested in anyone who has been on it and can share info on the side effects they've experienced.
Start-up side effects I had were: copper taste in mouth, nausea, difficulty urinating.

Those were gone entirely by the time I was titrated up to my working dose.

Night sweats started after that, but I'm not sure if those were due to the cymbalta or to a significantly increased exercise regimen. They stopped after a few months.

I was prescribed Cymbalta for pain from Fibromyalgia. When I took it, I got one of the more rare side effects. I ended up hallucinating, with a fever, and my blood pressure got seriously low. Luckily, I went to the hospital before anything more serious happened. but they said that normally that doesn't occur, and I experienced one of the rarer side effects off the medication. I didn't continue taking it. However, I have heard positive reviews about it, so don't let my experience dissuade you from trying it for yourself.

I havent been brave enough to try it for fibro yet.... From what I've learned it is either a miracle drug or you get all the symptoms of fibro as side effects. I'm known for rare reactions so @flowerapple response makes me even more leery. If you decide to try it I'll be interested to see how it works for you!

I havent been brave enough to try it for fibro yet.... From what I've learned it is either a miracle drug or you get all the symptoms of fibro as side effects. I'm known for rare reactions so @flowerapple response makes me even more leery. If you decide to try it I'll be interested to see how it works for you!

Yeah, all me, too. If it's rare, I'll get it. I have 3 diseases considered "rare." HA.

Still haven't decided yet about the Cymbalta. The 3+ month "flare" I was having is over and the only pain I am having right now is severe lower back. That, apparently, is something I'm supposed to just deal with. :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back