1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dad slapping daughter's bum : normal ?

Discussion in 'Sexual Assault' started by Lis2075, May 27, 2018.

1. Lis2075

Lis2075 New Member

Hi there,

Do you think it's normal that a father "playfully" slaps his 17-year-old daughter's bum from time to time ? Have you ever experienced this from your dad ?

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. Suzetig

Suzetig Still the Staff Kitteh... Moderator Sponsor $100+

I didn’t, but my dad was violent and sbusive so any physical contact was violent. My children are much younger but playful bum slapping (as in both kids screaming with laughter while my husband and I try to catch them) is pretty normal.

It doesn’t sound odd to me tbh, depending on their relationship. Is your daughter ok with it?

Swift, Fadeaway, Friday and 2 others like this.
  4. Friday

Friday Raise Hell Moderator

My dad? Not really, he’s very reserved most of the time. My mom, uncles, siblings, coaches, friends, friends dads, friends moms? Sure. Sure. No big thing. Certainly not a sexual thing.

5. EveHarrington

EveHarrington _______ in progress. Premium Member

Context is needed.

Was your dad molesting you every chance he could get? Was he sexual in his words as well? Or was the butt slapping the extent of it all?

Muttly, Abstract and LuckiLee like this.
  6. Abstract

Abstract I'm a VIP Premium Member

I think its always hard to verbalise the more subtle stuff when it comes to less obvious situations. It is absolutely very possible for something like that to be entirely innocent. Totally. It is also possible for it to fall into other agendas. 1. Nothing else going on but there is a sexual gratifying energy about the incident. Expression, actions etc. 2. Not only that but the person has either done other sexually inappropriate stuff before or have been heard to voice inappropriate sentiments. 3. It is innocent but it is triggering or drudges past experiences with someone else. Not the person doing the slappings problem. The past lies in the person concerned about it.

Do you want to say more?

Muttly likes this.
  7. berlinda

berlinda On the way to find out :-) Premium Member Sponsor $100+

Yes, though very slightly different. Putitng an arm around me rather close to my breasts.
    Do I think it's normal?
    f*ck no :)

Slushie and Abstract like this.
  8. LilyRose

LilyRose Well-Known Member

It's probably different, but my first foster "dad" tried to make me call him daddy and kiss him goodnight everyday, or else.
    I got the "or else" daily because i wouldn't do it, but that was only emotional and physical.

9. Slushie

Slushie Active Member

No it is not normal, my dad done similar things to me when I was a child and now as an adult it creeps me out thinking about, the guy is a jerk.

Aged 17 the only person I'd want to do that would be a partner, absolutely no one else, and definitely not my father.

berlinda likes this.