• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Dbt radical acceptance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angelwings

MyPTSD Pro
I really think DBT is awesome. I've recently been introduced to the concept of Radical Acceptance. It's pretty powerful. Yes, I feel terrified. It's not good, but it's what happens when you're a kid and you're abused. I'm not being abused now, but being terrified is natural. It won't kill me to feel that way. I will live, even if it's not always pleasant. I also talked to my best friend, who's single mom killed herself when he was in second grade. As a result, he grew up with no family, in foster care and was sexually abused. I realized that I cannot do that to my son. Also, I came to understand that I survived a pretty horrid thing that a lot of people wouldn't have survived. Why survive that, just to get to 40 to take my life. Doesn't make sense. So, for now, I let go of committing suicide. I love my new therapist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back