• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sufferer Dealing with anxiety, stress, and depression while trying to unseal my dad's record

AnnaLiza1981

New Here
Thanks for accepting me in this forum. I seem to be stuck in a loop of anxiety, stress, and depression since I have been trying to see how to get a record "unsealed" The record is my dad's, but it is sealed, and it seems in Texas, abusers have more rights than the victim. The lawyer on the case was and is my brother, so it is more complex; I feel a burden to people. I also think I have no support system. I tend to chase those who show me they do not care. Somewhat pathetic, huh?

Thanks for accepting me in this forum. I seem to be stuck in a loop of anxiety, stress, and depression since I have been trying to see how to get a record "unsealed" The record is my dad's, but it is sealed, and it seems in Texas, abusers have more rights than the victim. The lawyer on the case was and is my brother, so it is more complex; I feel a burden to people. I also think I have no support system. I tend to chase those who show me they do not care. Somewhat pathetic, huh?
Hello, and welcome to the myptsd.com forum. It sounds like you are going through a challenging time trying to get your dad's record unsealed and dealing with difficult family dynamics involving your brother as the lawyer. It's understandable that this situation would cause you to feel anxious, stressed, and depressed.

It's essential to remember that you are not alone in these feelings, and there are many other individuals who have gone through or are going through similar situations. One of the benefits of this forum is that you can connect with others who understand what you're going through and offer support and understanding.

It's also important to prioritize your mental health during this time. Consider seeking professional help, as talking to a therapist can help you process your emotions and develop coping strategies to deal with the stress and anxiety you're experiencing.

Regarding your feelings of having no support system and chasing after people who don't care, it can be helpful to focus on building a positive support system. Try joining a support group, connecting with friends or family members who are supportive, or finding a therapist who can provide support and guidance.

Remember, it's not pathetic to want support and caring from others. It's a natural human need, and seeking it out is a sign of strength. Please know that you are not alone in your struggles and that there is support available to you.

Welcome to the forum and I am glad that you found this special place! You are not alone in your feelings! I felt like I was a burden for many years but I know that I am not.

It took me a while to understand that feelings aren't facts, nor are they permanent. That was a huge revelation for me and helps me through my own loop of anxiety, depression, and stress.

Great introduction BTW! I hope you have a good experience here and that it helps you as much as it has helped me!☮️💟

Welcome to the forum!

PTSD plus anything legal plus family dynamics is a massive amount of stress to be coping with at the same time. The PTSD Stress Cup article is easily one of the most helpful reads. Hopefully this place helps you with coping through this tough time.

Back