• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Dealing with trigger situations and boundary crossers in C-PTSD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vin777

Not Active
I was recently diagnosed with C-PTSD and struggle with determining whether I'm overreacting. Two big triggers are boundary crossers and bullying. I have neighbors who moved in a few years ago. They, their kids, guests, loose pets constantly trespassed, blocked my drive, and tried to build over property lines. I talked to them many, many times and they either yelled or dismissed me. So finally I reported them and put up a fence (at great expense) and just gave up trying to expect respect. That cut down the incursions, but there is a portion they can run around that I can't fence, which they still will fairly regularly. They've also "turned"other neighbors, so I get a lot of glares.

My friends and family say I overreact, although if they stay here for long, they start complaining about them too, so it may be uninformed minimization.

My question is how to handle an ongoing trigger situation that doesn't show much chance of improving. Has anyone had similar experiences/advice?

My question is how to handle an ongoing trigger situation that doesn't show much chance of improving. Has anyone had similar experiences/advice?
Before I answer… as my answer will depend on yours… triggered how / are you sure you mean triggered?

Before I answer… as my answer will depend on yours… triggered how / are you sure you mean triggered?

I'm probably misusing it. My apologies. Thank you for the correction.

I'm probably misusing it. My apologies. Thank you for the correction.
<grin> No apologies needed… they’re simply 3 very different answers on my part depending on whether you mean

- triggers
- stressors
- stress (see stress cup)

The lingos just a bit of a learning curve, is all, especially since they’re words used colloquially as well as in other fields & in other disorders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back