• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Deleting Phone Contacts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chitoshi

MyPTSD Pro
Hey everyone!

I've been having an issue with this, and I was wondering if anyone else had this trouble, and if so, what do you do about it?

I have a problem with deleting phone contacts I never talk to anymore. For some reason, I always feel like I'm going to need their number at some point and I won't have it?

It's caused trouble sometimes because I have trouble finding the contacts I do talk to frequently. Not like, triggering problems, but just an annoyance.

Any tips on how to not be so wishy washy about deleting contacts? It feels like pulling teeth to me. I just can't do it. ?

I've been having an issue with this, and I was wondering if anyone else had this trouble, and if so, what do you do about it?

I have a problem with deleting phone contacts I never talk to anymore. For some reason, I always feel like I'm going to need their number at some point and I won't have it?
Yeah. It's like a survival mechanism for me. There are a couple other things I can't let go of because "I might need it someday." Emails. I go through weird lengths to back up email and text histories. It's linked to trauma. I have started doing it more, without the backing up, and it was weirdly hard at first, and then got easier.

In the meantime, as a middle step, there are some apps that let you back up contacts and all kinds of phone data to a computer, then you can just keep what you need on your phone. Then you might get used to it not being there on the phone, and get some distance from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back