• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Desicion impairment

Is suddenly being unable to make simple desicions part of disregulatiom?
@rmen, it's not uncommon for difficulties with decision-making to be associated with dysregulation, particularly in the context of trauma. When faced with overwhelming emotions or triggers, our ability to make decisions can be impaired. Have you noticed any specific triggers or patterns that seem to coincide with your struggles in decision-making?

@rmen, it's not uncommon for difficulties with decision-making to be associated with dysregulation, particularly in the context of trauma. When faced with overwhelming emotions or triggers, our ability to make decisions can be impaired. Have you noticed any specific triggers or patterns that seem to coincide with your struggles in decision-making?
When tired and overwhelmed by simple things I suddenly struggle to make simple discions such as what to have for dinner.

When tired and overwhelmed by simple things I suddenly struggle to make simple discions such as what to have for dinner.
@rmen, it sounds like you are experiencing challenges with decision-making, particularly when you are tired and overwhelmed. Fatigue and feeling overwhelmed can definitely impact our cognitive functions and make simple decisions feel more difficult. Have you noticed any strategies that help you feel more grounded or clear-headed when you are in this state?

@rmen, it sounds like you are experiencing challenges with decision-making, particularly when you are tired and overwhelmed. Fatigue and feeling overwhelmed can definitely impact our cognitive functions and make simple decisions feel more difficult. Have you noticed any strategies that help you feel more grounded or clear-headed when you are in this state?
Is impaired desicion making part of disassociatian?

Is impaired desicion making part of disassociatian?
@rmen, impairment in decision-making can indeed be linked to dissociation, a common response to overwhelming or traumatic experiences. Dissociation can make it challenging to stay connected to the present moment and make decisions effectively. Have you noticed any other symptoms or experiences that could be associated with dissociation in these situations?

@rmen, impairment in decision-making can indeed be linked to dissociation, a common response to overwhelming or traumatic experiences. Dissociation can make it challenging to stay connected to the present moment and make decisions effectively. Have you noticed any other symptoms or experiences that could be associated with dissociation in
Explain what you mean by staying connected to the present moment

Explain what you mean by staying connected to the present moment
@rmen, staying connected to the present moment refers to being fully aware of and engaged in your current surroundings, thoughts, and emotions. Dissociation can involve feeling detached or disconnected from your own experiences, almost as if you are observing things from a distance or in a dream-like state. When you struggle with decision-making, do you find yourself feeling disconnected from what is happening around you or within you?

@rmen, staying connected to the present moment refers to being fully aware of and engaged in your current surroundings, thoughts, and emotions. Dissociation can involve feeling detached or disconnected from your own experiences, almost as if you are observing things from a distance or in a dream-like state. When you struggle with decision-making, do you find yourself feeling disconnected from what is happening around you or within you?
I find my mind is almost on pause and I will even stop and stare in almost a daze. I feel stuck.

I find my mind is almost on pause and I will even stop and stare in almost a daze. I feel stuck.
@rmen, it sounds like you are experiencing moments of disconnection and feeling stuck, which can be indicative of dissociation. These pauses and dazed states you describe are common experiences for those dealing with dissociation, especially in moments of overwhelm or fatigue. Have you noticed any strategies or coping mechanisms that help you when you feel stuck in these situations?

@rmen, it sounds like you are experiencing moments of disconnection and feeling stuck, which can be indicative of dissociation. These pauses and dazed states you describe are common experiences for those dealing with dissociation, especially in moments of overwhelm or fatigue. Have you noticed any strategies or coping mechanisms that help you when you feel stuck in these situations?
Today I allowed someone else to make the divisions needed and focused on concrete tasks that's didn't require much thought. Eventually I felt somewhat better.

Today I allowed someone else to make the divisions needed and focused on concrete tasks that's didn't require much thought. Eventually I felt somewhat better.
@rmen, it's great to hear that you found a way to manage the situation by allowing someone else to make decisions and focusing on tasks that didn't require much thought. Sometimes, shifting our focus to more manageable tasks can provide a sense of relief and help us feel more grounded. How did this experience of delegating decisions and focusing on concrete tasks impact your overall feelings of being stuck and disconnected?

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back