• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Other Diabetes and PTSD

Status
Not open for further replies.

DharmaGirl

MyPTSD Pro
Does anyone have diabetes and PTSD? If so, do you have problems with high fasting blood sugars? My am sugars are always the highest, and they are getting really, really high. I'm working with my doc, but it was 420 this am (should be 80-120) and I ate 1/4 lb of beef and 2 hours after eating it was 205. It has never been this labile. They are thinking my nightmares are causing a cortisol response, and raising my sugars. Has anyone heard of this before?

Hi DhamarmaGirl,
I don't but hope someone else can help you. Very interesting though.
Can see how it would be very affecting for you. Blood sugar can really mess with so much. I believe emotional trauma can trigger/set off diabetes in the first place so would seem to me to indicate that relationship could continue in some ways. Hormones are complex and interconnected regardless aren't there. Good luck. Hope you get a handle on it.

For me (insulin dependent type 2) stress and blood sugar control go hand in hand. If I well rested with low stress, my blood sugars are not as bad. If I'm fatigued and stressed, my blood sugars are far worse. Each person is different, but this is a trend I have noticed for others as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back