• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Other Diabetes And PTSD

Status
Not open for further replies.

enough

MyPTSD Pro
I have recently slipped from pre diabetes into type 2 with daily injections of a non insulin medication.

How does your Diabetes affect your PTSD symptoms, and vice versa? I have found that physical pain will often accompany a bad event in my PTSD world, and wonder if that has to do with the effects that diabetes can have on our nervous systems.

I will be talking to my Doc, and my Psych about it, but meanwhile I would like any thoughts on the subject I can get from fellow sufferers, THANKS

I have PTSD and type II diabetes and the only way that I can see that it affects me is with my eating habits. When stressed or depressed I tend to have sweets/comfort food which will raise my blood sugar. I try not to buy sweets but I have a definite sweet tooth and sometimes the temptation to have some chocolate is too much for me.

I also have physical pain with increasing stress levels, but I don't think it really involves my diabetes much, but then again I never really thought about it before. I would be interested in what your doctor has to say about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back