• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Research Dissertation Participants Needed: How Do You Cope With Stress In Your Everyday Life?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGood

New Here
Hello!

My name is Becca Good, and I am conducting a study for my doctoral dissertation at the Wright Institute in Berkeley, California. I am hoping to recruit participants for my study.

It takes a lot of courage to come forward and participate in a site like this one. I want to express my respect and support to the users of this site.

My dissertation is looking at male veterans and men in the military with symptoms of PTSD and how they cope with everyday stress in their lives and relationships. The aim of this study is to help mental health professionals to better understand common coping mechanisms for veterans with PTSD, and how best to approach therapy and recovery.

In order to participate, you much be 18 years or older, identify as male, and have enlisted in the military between 1990-present.

Your participation will involve answering a confidential, multiple-choice questionnaire and an open-ended, fill in the blank question. This survey should take about 15 minutes to complete.

Participants can opt to enter a raffle to win a $15, $25 or $50-dollar gift card.

All research materials will be kept confidential and anonymous, since names of participants will not be asked for in the survey. The data participants provide will only be accessible by the researcher and research committee

If you are ready to participate, you can access this survey by copying this address into your URL web browser or by clicking:
Dead Link Removed

If you have any questions about the study, you may contact me: My user name on this site is BGood.

I believe your participation can contribute to the mental health and well-being of service members in the future. I appreciate your considering participation in the study and welcome any questions, comments, or suggestions that you may have concerning the study.

Thank you so much for your time and for your service.
Rebecca
Wright Institute

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back