Sufferer Dissociated, isolated, anxious, and feeling down

I'm dissociated right now and socially withdrawn and isolated myself lot and dealing with lot of anxiety and emotionally feeling down due to lot emotional abuse and trauma , dealt with lot of toxic people before I realized they were toxic , so know that I've learned these behavior and ways of toxic people, and also learning my own family is narcissistic has cause lot of confusion in my mind towards people, anxiety from not knowing how to be around others anymore , I've became uncomfortable , lve lost trust towards people, i want help with this ,but not sure how to go about it so I'm not feeling anxious and can feel that person is not going hurt me later.

ladee

MyPTSD Pro
Welcome. Trust is a huge issue for all of us here. I've been on this journey a long time and I still question peoples motives, albeit in a more healthy way. But not always. So we do understand.

Maybe if you read around the forum some, pick topics that resonate with you and see how we communicate here. Read some of the articles that might interest you. You might not feel as tho you are going in blind if you start to post questions or participate if you get a feel for the environment.

Glad you are here if not glad for the reasons. But this is a good place to get support and validation.

P

Paula

I'm dissociated right now and socially withdrawn and isolated myself lot and dealing with lot of anxiety and emotionally feeling down due to lot emotional abuse and trauma , dealt with lot of toxic people before I realized they were toxic , so know that I've learned these behavior and ways of toxic people, and also learning my own family is narcissistic has cause lot of confusion in my mind towards people, anxiety from not knowing how to be around others anymore , I've became uncomfortable , lve lost trust towards people, i want help with this ,but not sure how to go about it so I'm not feeling anxious and can feel that person is not going hurt me later.
You are in the right place. Please ask for a therapist who is trained in EMDR. Although this treatment is tough at time,there is a light at the end of the tunnel. You are not alone. Keep asking for kindness from a therapist. They are there to support you,not to heal you. Healing takes place when we are open to it. Your therapist is not going to save you from doing your inner work. You are going to have to do it.,no matter what form of therapy you take.. A good therapist will support you. Don't give up before the Miracle of Healing comes to you.

arfie

MyPTSD Pro
hello ninja. welcome to ds.

emotional support can make a huge diff in untangling psycho snot knots such as the ones you describe here. the anonymity of forums such as this one can make it allot easier to be honest and straightforward about all the yaddahs of the blahs. the shared problems and needs make it easier for me to trust the feedback or at least take what i works for me and leave the rest.

keep venting, ninja. your answers are in there. listening. . .

welcome aboard. you are not alone.