• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Dissociating or hallucinating? im getting really anxious

Status
Not open for further replies.

BM2A

Confident
Ive been under some extra stress, more than usual. I thought I was coping but
I'm scared to tell anyone in my life what's going on. They think I'm getting well.

This is going to sound a bit weird. But last night I woke up and my bedroom. The walls, which are plain. They had wall paper on, the same wall paper that was on my bedroom wall when i was little, where I was abused. I got up walked about. Told myself this will pass. Looked again. It didn't. It lasted all bloody night. I got up and ended up asleep on the sofa.

Then at work I was alone in the office. And I felt someone tap me on the shoulder, I looked and jumped out of my skin, nearly knocked my computer over. There was a woman there, I couldn't see her face, it was covered with her hair, curls grey and black and greasy. Then she was gone. Its like a nightmare I used to have as a child, the same woman. But I felt here there leaning over my shoulder.

Ive been hearing a bit of music here and there, only for a like ten seconds, then it fades.

I'm a bit freaked out. Ive done this before. I thought I was over it. Telling anyone this out loud, I cant. I'm still under mental health services, but I cant tell them this? It would be like going right back to the beginning. I'm hoping it all stops soon. Ive got too much on the line.. I'm a single working mum with a child with health issues. I have no parents no family because of my childhood.

I hope that you can find some healing in all of this.

Thankyou Rain.

Its just some hallucinating. I'm not mad. I hope. I'm stressed x

Hoping that you are feeling better and some of your stress is lowering. I haven't really hallucinated that precisely before but I have had minor hallucinations. Plus, you might want to be careful if you are taking any medications because they can cause hallucinations. If they continue, I would talk to a pharmacist or doctor. Some meds don't mix well.

Ive been under some extra stress, more than usual. I thought I was coping but
I'm scared to tell anyone in...
I have schizophrenia, but I'm no professional. Honestly, it just sounds like stress. Schizophrenics usually aren't aware of being "crazy" (they're not crazy, but you get what I mean), so I honestly wouldn't worry. Reach out to your family and loved ones. It's a mistake not to get help when you need it. You'll be okay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back