• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Dissociation or Psychosis?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaceM

New Here
I'm not exactly sure when this all happened, but it was around the end it middle of February where I started feeling as if I was in a dream and that everything was fake and I would forget what day it was or where I was I can't recall what I was doing during that time and at some points I didn't feel like myself it was like watching myself through some kind of film. Last week or so, I had the feeling that I had two feet on my left foot, another night I felt as if my eyes we're backwards, and another time I was going back to bed and I seen my shadow and the fact part of it was missing and I then felt as if my face was missing as well and believed that my own shadow was what I looked like not only that but ever since I was a kid I've had this feeling that my body and surroundings are distorting. And when I'm sleeping I have these nightmares and before I go to bed or wake up I'll hear these voices saying that I should die and everyone hates me and then I have these scary visual images behind my eyes, I'm not sure if it is psychosis or dissociation, but it is very scary is there any good coping skills I could use to help?

Okay... dont worry what it is, worry how to be alive and safe.

Do you have a way to reach a psychiatrist or a therapist? Preferably a psychiatrist?

Voices may be very mean...
But you never have to listen to them.
Voices are often confused and definitely not right.

What IS right is you should live, get help, be healthy and happy.

It is okay voices have other opinions...
But that is just voices trying to be scary.
Some times that is because even the voices are scared.
You don't have to die.

Finding what is less scary and makes voices not so stressed, too, can help more.

I don't have a psychiatrist at the moment, I usually just ignore the voices and not care about them. I get more annoyed about the images behind my eyes and the body part switching for some reason I'm all out of energy and haven't been able to put my life back together because I feel I lost everything.

You haven't lost everything, arent losing it, and won't be losing everything...

You are just stressed which brings on the voices and scary images sensations. That can get better.

Can you add different images?
Like look at comforting you things? No worries if not and adding anything is too much, just an idea.

What makes the images hard to ignore?
Because you said you do just okay on ignoring the voices... images are like that too, can be tuned out... just need to find *what* tunes them out.

Tired is okay, do you drink and eat okay? Can sleep help, too? Can you sleep at all?

So glad you are talking about all of this :tup:

You haven't lost everything, arent losing it, and won't be losing everything...

You are just stressed which brings on the voices and scary images sensations. That can get better.

Can you add different images?
Like look at comforting you things? No worries if not and adding anything is too much, just an idea.

What makes the images hard to ignore?
Because you said you do just okay on ignoring the voices... images are like that too, can be tuned out... just need to find *what* tunes them out.

Tired is okay, do you drink and eat okay? Can sleep help, too? Can you sleep at all?

So glad you are talking about all of this :tup:
The images keep going over and over again mostly after I have these flashes of memory I cover my ears to try and make it stop it usually happens after I see a certain word or hear a certain song and I completely breakdown I have trouble staying asleep and sometimes I feel too sick and guilty to eat anything. They just won't go away.

I imagine not eating may make the images just more pressing...

Do you have any comfort foods?
Or small foods that you can eat even when sick?

I can relate to the lack of sleep and depriving yourself of food. Do you take any medication to help stabilize you?

I've never heard voices and i think that dissociation is completely different from psychosis. Maybe you should make an appointment with your local gp (docter).

I've never heard voices and i think that dissociation is completely different from psychosis. Maybe you should make an appointment with your local gp (docter).
The voices may be psychosis I'm just not sure what the other stuff is, that's why I'm going to be going to a professional soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back