Dissociative episode

I don't remember and have no recollection of making this account, or ever coming on this website. I was online trying to find support groups and came across this site! Then I think I dissociated and then I decided to write this.
Hi everyone, I'm definitely new here but apparently, I made an account 2 years ago?...
I suffer a lot with these episodes so I wanted to find people who could understand and maybe give advice and/or tips?

arfie

MyPTSD Pro
your profile says this is your first post, so i reckon it's appropriate to welcome you aboard. perhaps you can try making another post about that dissociation. sharing within my therapy support network is often an effective first step in heading off and/or pulling out of my own dissociative episodes.

welcome to the forum, charlotte. hope you find stabilizing companionship here.

Hi, I made a post yesterday with a bare explaination of why I wrote the post. I thought I'd take on-board the suggested and expand.
I never remember what happens during any dissociative episode, even when it's not a life threatening situation and it 'shouldn't' be happening.
All I remember is feeling stiff and like the only thing that exists is a sense of fear and the fact I feel like a heavy stone statue.
I'm not sure why I seemingly dissociate, ergh, I don't think I'm ever sure...
Sometimes I have recollection of not seeing the world through my eyes, but the only thing I am aware of is the life am viewing looking at aTV screen and Nothing else. Only what's infront of me.
Other times, Everything is a blur, almost like I need glasses, but I don't and constantly feel a pit in my stomach.

arfie

MyPTSD Pro
I never remember what happens during any dissociative episode, even when it's not a life threatening situation and it 'shouldn't' be happening.

in my own daily psych inventory, i would call this, "a blackout." they are genuinely terrifying to my senses. in 1971, i woke up from one blackout covered in blood which was not mine and still have not a clue what happened during that blackout.

Other times, Everything is a blur, almost like I need glasses, but I don't and constantly feel a pit in my stomach.

this sounds closer to what i call, "a dissociative episode." dissociation is where i start losing interest in the world around me, zoning out, forgetting things, etc. when i can remediate a dissociative episode, it does not have the opportunity to escalate into those terrifying, full-scale blackouts.

but that is me and i ain't no expert. . . in my own healing journey, breaking big problems into smaller chunks helps me tackle the problem in more digestible chunks.

gentle support while you sort your own.