• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Do I Have PTSD? Victim of Domestic Violence

Status
Not open for further replies.

hmmarshall

New Here
I'm a victim of severe domestic violence. I have been experiencing panic attacks and severe mood swings. The trauma was a little over 6 months ago! I was badly beaten, raped, sodomized and tortured. I'm just curious is anyone can help me?!:dontknow:

Only you can help you is something you will learn here quickly. I would look into counseling for sure and all the advice here others offer for your questions. If you cannot afford counseling look into calling women's shelters and the sort for info on how to get some type of free counseling. No one can tell you if you have this except a quailified doctor.

Hi HM, welcome to the forum. Do you have PTSD? I do not know, nor can I answer that question for you, however; what you describe above from your abuse, that could most certainly cause PTSD. You need to get into counselling immediately, talk out what you have in you, and most likely will need to see a psychiatrist for diagnosis, as they are the only one's who can officially diagnose a persons more often than not across the world.

The longer you leave counselling though, the more at risk you are to developing PTSD, and trust me, you don't want it if you haven't already got it. Once that chemical imbalance takes place, your life is not going to be the same ever again, and you have even more hard work ahead of you in order to heal, compared to without PTSD being present.

There is a [DLMURL="http://www.ptsdforum.org/forms/ptsd-diagnosis/"]PTSD diagnosis[/DLMURL] tool on this forum in which can help you ascertain whether you could have it, but that is still not the same as an actual diagnosis from a shrink, as there are other factors used to determine PTSD than just theoretical questions and responses.

Last edited:
Hello, and welcome. sorry that you went through all that junk, please do see a dr. and get some therapy, the longer you wait, the worse your symptoms will get.
cathy

Hi HM, welcome. As Anthony said you MUST see a psyc doc. Dont' use the internet to DX any problems. Let the doc help you decide what route to take. You'll find friends here and like good friends we are honest and upfront with everything. I hope you are out of that relationship (if you can call it that). I can help some with any Q's you may have about DV. I'm not a victim but have helped many DV victim's at work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back