• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Poll Do You Get Bad Breath When Anxious?

Does Anxiety Cause You Bad Breath

• Yes

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 7 50.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

anthony

Founder
Interesting that now I have given up smoking, I get bad breath if I have been anxious. Its actually a sign now that anxiety is upon me, so I take action.

Wow I didn't realize anyone else experienced this. My doctor theorizes that it's because when I'm nervous, my stomach produces more acid, and a highly acidic stomach causes bad breath.

Might also be from types of food eaten (or not eaten). People who eat a low-carb diet or suffer from anorexia commonly have bad breath from a condition called ketosis. Ketones are a compound produced during fat metabolism and you can breathe it out - hence the bad breath.

Hmm well I used to have anorexia (not the nervosa part, just anorexia the medical term, i.e. being severely underweight). Though I have reached my ideal weight now and I'm struggling to maintain. But you have a point piglet. Interesting.

Yes, probably. I live on Breathsavers. But I also have had a pre-diabetic condition since I was a little kid, and I know that causes bad breath, too. Could be the ketones, as piglet said. My mom, who's had juvenile diabetes since her early 20s, has this, too.

No, clue. I guess if you count when I hit overload and don't move for a day except to pee I am certain it is yucky... But I try to make sure even if ill I at least do dental hygiene if my gag reflex is not going crazy. But stress straight up? Hubs is too nice to tell me LOL. Did not vote since I don't know.

Ugh well I am very stressed and anxious tonight, and my breath is ****ing disgusting. I can taste it, that's how bad it is. Gargling with mouthwash hasn't helped at all. Gross...

I get like that at times too Evie... especially a couple of times in the last week or two with all the BS in my life.

I can immediately tell when Anthony is getting anxious as his breath changes instantaneously. While is it disgusting it helps me know where he is at.

As for the other smells......... hey that's another story he he!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back