• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Poll Do You Get Sick Often?

Do you get sick often?

• I don't get sick any more often than other people.

Votes: 43 32.6%
  • I get sick a little more often than other people.

Votes: 25 18.9%
  • I am sick much more often than other people.

Votes: 64 48.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

kers

MyPTSD Pro
I find that I am sick quite frequently--colds and chest infections, mostly. Every few weeks I come down with something and spend a week or more recovering. I have read that the hypervigilance that comes with PTSD can also lead to a weakened immune system. I wonder whether anyone else has this problem.

I found I did used to be that way when my PTSD was quite uncontrolled, though nowadays I am not sick typically... even less that most I could say.

I do not think that I am sick more than others. However, I do get headaches quite frequently.

I voted I am much more sick than others. Between the IB issues, lack of being able to eat, migraines, muscle pain and back pain.. pfft..

I look forward to the day I can kick it down a few notches.

bec

Yes, I have always been the "sickly one" of the family. Either with minor colds or serious unexplained bleeding for a year. Once our son came along, the major illnesses lessened up, but I still find myself getting extremely ill with flus (even though I get a flu shot), and stomache disorders. Headaches/Migraines are a commonstance. I have had all kinds of tests in the past for my comprimised immune system, but nothing comes up. After reading about ptsd, it looks like I may finally be onto something.

nor

I never used to get sick or have pain but now the last 12 months have been the worst. Mainly stomach upsets or head/neck pain.

I voted yes. I mean obviously because I have cancer, and heart and lung problems too, I am going to be much sicker than most just by definition. But I wasn't sick at all before the trauma, I was very healthy. So I can't help feeling they are at least indirectly related.

I voted I don't get sick more than others. Which is a little funny considering I've been down with the flu for the past three days (today's recovery day). But I haven't had the flu in three years. Last year when almost everyone in my office had a nasty head cold that was going around, I didn't get it.

Now I will say that when my symptoms kick up, I have a lot of fatigue, tiredness, etc. and I call that being ill. Difference I can push through and keep going through most symptoms. Stubborness or I'm just too damn dumb to stop and lie down? I don't know which. When I'm sick...I'm going no where but to bed.

Lisa

I'm always sick because I am physically disabled with multiple illnesses, a rare disease which causes other symptoms, and PTSD and depression. Several of my separate illnesses cause chronic pain, which feeds the depression and PTSD, which cycles the pain. I am just a joy.
I can't figure out how to post to the poll.

I wasn't sure whether to vote for a little more often or much more often, so I didn't vote. But I do get sick rather often. I've been more or less like this all my life, even though I generally eat healthily and exercise. I've been borderline type I diabetic all my life, which means an already weakened immune system. I usually catch most anything going around. But the ptsd has made it worse, because of the physical symptoms it creates - nausea, fatigue, headaches. Maybe I'm in denial about how often I get sick. Better go vote "much more often" :)

plenty of stress related illness here unfortunately...IBS, migraine, tinnitus, nausea, infections, colds and so on.

To be fair, I've always been fairly sick frequently...but I believe that since the PTSD kicked in, my immune system is much weaker, and I've even been hospitalized and had to have surgery for a medical issue I directly attribute to the trauma...I also have severe and chronic pain that I attribute to the Trauma...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back