• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Do you have E.S.P.? Or ....?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Changing4Best

MyPTSD Pro
Do you have E.S.P. or does anyone you know have it? Can you get a hint of what the person driving in front of you is planning to do, even when they make no movement to show it? Maybe you get an idea about what someone is about to say? You know what I mean? Or is it more specific than that, like hearing someone's thoughts precisely?

I'm honestly not sure I believe there's anything E.S.P. about anything you mentioned :hilarious:

As in people broadcast heckuva lot. Spend some time observing people & educating in psychology - or any number of people studying sciences for that matter - and a lot becomes more predictable or understandable.

And a lot doesn't. But that's not because something outta the ordinary is going on. But because people are amaazing and there is sooo much to get to know about both human brain and humans, as a species.

And thoughtsy stuff I had / have going on with a very select few. But it's the closeness of bond & direness of situations to blame. Aka not some telepathic thing as the fact we've been close for decades, are in the same life styles, think of each other absent physical contact, have way many safety checks in place that even brushed against signal major distress.

Aka communication protocols. Again, no ESP. ;)

I know I used to know when my mom was calling. I used to always say, " Hi Mom!" When I answered. She would ask me how I knew it was her and I would tell her that she has a special way of ringing my phone. This was before caller ID. Now that mom is gone, I don't have this with anyone else. I use caller ID instead.

I know there is a good chance that since mom and I were so close, it probably wasn't telepathy.

I have a neighbor that seems to spread his mental ire at me whenever I make noise. I don't know if that's E.S.P. or just my imagination, but it is annoying! Again, I have no answers.

To be clear, so you mean the neighbor gets upset when you go about your life / 'make noise' and cusses at you, or something else...?

You pick... what mentally?

Wondering that might be a grief you can save yourself as just own stressors, but interested in hearing what exactly is your thought process and distressing.

I mean, own beliefs about unfriendly people's thoughts are just that. Own beliefs. Not indicative much less correct about their actual thoughts, but a form of a mind reading. In the cognitive distortion meaning, not telepathy.

Last edited:
The human brain is really really really good at picking up cues and processing them (and storing the information for later) on a subconscious level. A brain that's been through trauma? Even more so. Because it has learned to be particularly watchful.

Pair this with an observant personality and you might think it's E.S.P., but it's really just your really amazing brain.

I don't like the term ESP because it stirs up negative stereotypes. Having said that, I do think that some folks use more of their brains than others do and so might have experiences that can't be explained knowing what we know today. I've had dreams in which something happened that later happened in waking a few days or weeks later. A very long time ago there was a man missing in our area and I "saw" the place he was found 3 days later. *shrug* Happens to me a lot.

I was very sensitive and had visions and all of that. It drove me insane. One time I knew my girlfriend was going to hurt her right arm. It was a feeling that took my breath away, almost like she was going to die. The next day, I come home and she's coming out of her house in a stretcher with her right arm broken.

Stuff like that. I had it for years and years. I'm totally glad I take medication and was put on sleep meds. The right arm scenario came to me during the day.. But mostly all the stuff I was suppose to know came to me in my sleep.

I finally went to my regular doctor and asked him for medication. It worked but I had a lifetime of that stuff. Wish I would have won the lottery, but never did. Ah, well. It doesn't work that way anyway. It's always about others..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back