• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Do you have flashbacks of just seeing the perpetrator around as well as the actual trauma?

• Thread starter Deleted member 45588
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 45588

I am a victim of non-consensual sexual touching/sexual assault by a teacher at school and I get flashbacks of several times he tried to contact me after the sexual assault. I have flashbacks from literally just seeing him around the school and I do not know why, but I think these flashbacks are all after the sexual assault or maybe before?

I am not diagnosed with PTSD so could this part of another mental illness or not be PTSD at all?

It's awful and I'm sorry a person of authority took advantage of you but it's not your fault. Everything you are feeling right now is absolutely normal for someone who endured what we all endured. Yeah, we have ghosts but we can learn to think differently with mindful attention and practices.

Yeah seeing this loser scum f*cktard would be triggering to anyone. Sorry.

edit: you know I had some caveman spitwad psychopath tutor/baseball coach burn my home to the ground when I was a kid so I can without question relate. Don't let him win the battle for your soul. f*ck him, he loses because we win by leaving them and the horror of our events in the past.

Last edited:
I have flashbacks to many different episodes, but I’m usually in the background observing and being paralyzed by fear and pain. It never feels like it was me even though I know it was. I’m coming around to integrating my adult self with the child. Flashbacks can be benign too. Just snapshots of scenes. Perhaps that is what you’re experiencing. Are you distressed by them? Do you dwell on them when they occur? Because I have learned by way of counseling and working with a Shaman, how to put those images on a train and watching the train speed away.

I am a victim of non-consensual sexual touching/sexual assault by a teacher at school and I get flas...
what are the "flashbacks" like? Are they just memories from the triggering of your seeing the teacher? Are is there anything else coming back. What do you sense in emotion, physical feelings and the like.. anything else going on?

what are the "flashbacks" like? Are they just memories from the triggering of your seeing the teacher? Are is there anything else coming back. What do you sense in emotion, physical feelings and the like.. anything else going on?

I see flashbacks of the sexual assault, and seeing the teacher around and two times he tried to talk to me after the S.A I get flashbacks of. Best way I could describe it when I get a flashback is that I feel the utmost fear and I get psychical symptoms like shaking, sweating, increased heart rate, muscle tension, etc, etc. I feel completely out of control when I get these flashbacks and feel really panicked basically.

That sounds more like a panic attack than a flashback to me.

I've had a panic attack before and it's way different I feel even more anxious I guess even though I said I felt ''utmost fear'' or whatever. I don't have increased heart rate as much as I do when I have panic attack and I don't feel like I'm going to die, but still some physical symptoms. I sometimes feel like a rare case of self-diagnosis where I got it right despite what people say on this site who aren't too fond of self-diagnosis 0_0 but I have to wait ages to see a GP to find out what it actually is I guess, that's the only way. I get all those psychical symptoms when getting a panic attack but also them when I have a ''flashback'', but it's too a lesser degree but I still feel very anxious and scared if you get me.

When I get a flashback I literally feel like I'm there again, and I can see everything rather detailed and hear things in some and feel the sexual assault again. There's movement and all the senses in them and the same memories repeat. They're intrusive memories basically, they pop up in my mind when I get reminders of the trauma.

I've had a panic attack before and it's way different I feel even more anxious I guess even though I...
That makes more sense.

Either way you still need to be diagnosed. It doesn't necessarily mean PTSD and the treatment could be different.

What does your therapist think it is or do they have an idea?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back