Poll Do Your Hands Get Cold When Dissociating?

Do Your Hands Get Cold When You Dissociate?

• Yes

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • No

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • Don't Know

Votes: 16 34.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Steph4

Learning
I know that one of the signs I'm beginning to dissociate is when my hands get cold, and often very pale. I have symptoms of what would be called 'Renaud's Phenomenon' & after reading about it, found this statement in Wikipedia very interesting for the parallels to PTSD in both the incidence rate and the onset.

Honestly, my entire body gets cold. I feel like I am freezing. My therapist says it's related to flashback and shock from the abuse. I was tested for Rayneuds when I found out I had Lupus and tested negative.
Steph

BloomInWinter

MyPTSD Pro
Thankfully, this doesn't happen to me much anymore.

Now, I get the sweats. ....and I take action to avert dissociation, before it gets to the freezing phase. Not that I always win the battle but, it is a LOT better.

jo may

MyPTSD Pro
Not funny really but I was going to say funnerly enough my (FMS) a result of the abuse I suffered. I hurt all over and some days can't move at all. I also can't control my body temp I can go from hot to cold in seconds, sometime it feels like I have a fever as I have both my cover on and my fan. And lately I've noticed a lot of people I love and trust have touched me and said your freezing but I feel ok, yet I'm sweating it's awful.

T

Tee S

My new Psychiatrist diagnosed me with renauds and said it occurs with many PTSD patients. We have spe...

I have come to an end of my rope till i read this. I suffer from PTSD. Now looking back my hands ESPECIALLY feet were never ICE cold and blue. It make sense. On my BAD BAD days i literally take a HOT bath and beat my legs to get blood flow and sleep it off. This is an everyday struggle for me.. Thanks for sharing..

Friday

@Tee S A common side effect of anxiety is cold extremities & pale skin... because the fight/flight response pulls blood to your core. It’s a super adaptive response as it keeps you from bleeding as much when cut, & keeps your blood closest to your vital organs & ready to be super oxygenated to surge to your large muscle groups for running or defense/attack.

That’s a very different thing than either disassociation or reynauds.

Also, In no way limited to or specific PTSD, as not only does virtually everyone have the fight/flight response & functioning sympathetic nervous system, but anxiety is a key component of several disorders, andit’s also mimicked by a number of things, like virtually any stimulant (from coffee to cocaine).

Status
Not open for further replies.