• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Does Anyone Else Have Arthritis With Your PTSD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
:wink: I have uncle arthie he visits almost every day, and some times he makes my flash's worse.I pretty much can't stand the H*ll out of him and if he was a human he sure as H*ll would not stay.Dose any one here no how to medicate this problem? all I do is take a goody and a beer.sometimes in the winter I even have to do it for breakfast.Everyone knows becuse I don't keep it a secret.Whats the use in hiding it? Could there be other helpfull things out there? Sometimes I hurt so bad I cry even in public.Some say that arthie from injuries is worse then regular arthie.I have no Idea though. AllI know is I don't want to be high in the sky just to cover up pain.

Hi Scarlette,

My suggestion to you is probably one you've no doubt heard from other people: see a doctor about it. There are various types of arthritis and each one is dealt with a little differently. There are medicines that are effective in treating osteoarthritis but not rheumatoid arthritis. And, with any condition, most times it's a crap shoot as to which treatment is best for you.

I have an autoimmune disease that the doctors think may have been caused by the extreme stress I lived through as a child growing up. Because I have one, I am predisposed to more. I do know that my GP keeps a close watch on me for this very reason, as my joints ache almost constantly, sometime worse than others, but he's ruled out rheumatoid arthritis for now (the rheumatoid version, if I remember correctly, is also an autoimmune condition).

I take 800 mg of Motrin every morning, as the pain seems to be worse then; it gets me through most of the day.

Wish I had other advice for you, but my memory is so bad that I can't think of anything else!

hi Kim G

Thanks for telling me that. one of my counslers said to make a docter check me for lupis.But really I Rarely get any kind of illness.I blame it on the hot sauce. Ha! ha! The other day I was sarting to get a head cold and wiped it out with a lot of hot sauce.kinda spicey but much better then suffering with ahead cold for two weeks. Some times I say that if my hips and leggs get to bad I would much rather have plastic for leggs just so I can get around.I know a woman who is wondering around for the last thirteen years in pain with her hands tied up on crutches.I don't know I would rather not have them if they were going to get in my way.Her son said for her to get a wheel chair and she said no. I don't know thats just not me.

Scarlette,

I was checked for Lupus too. I had Chicken Pox (again!) about 3 years ago and afterwards was very sore in my joints. My doc ran some tests and referred me to a rheumatologist because one of the tests that came back positive apparently is a marker test for Lupus. Needless to say, I didn't have it; the doc thinks I am one of the select "few" who actually have the positive marker but don't have the disease (thank goodness!). But, he is keeping an eye on me so that I don't suddenly develop it.

Having joint aches just plain sucks. Getting old just plain sucks too (not that I am THAT old, but many days I feel like I am!). If we could just get used to the sucking, all would be well with us!:crazy-eye

Or if you had somthing to blame it on.....

I use to say why did this happen to me?they did not get justice Yet I sit and wait and what do I get in return? Them laughing at what they had done and saying to each other look she is still in so much pain and falling a part.I still Hate the fact that they are the cause but I truely belive as far as I can tell from a distance .that they are geting theres on there own. Is'nt it Ironic that some times even you can fined out that a person was secretly geting there punishment from a higher power of sorts and you may not learn of it untill there gone.Don't get me wrong at some point I'll remember everything in detail and then S**t may hit the fan and the law may be involved becuse I turned there butts in.
I am so long winded now. but basically I have learned get diseases every day and they can't say no fair. So niether will I.I 'll just keep on searching for better ways to get around Is'nt that right Kim! :occasion:

Heya Scarlette...I am a firm believer that what goes around comes around. I used to be full of vengeance towards my brother and would dream up elaborately horrible things I would do to him to make him feel as much pain as I did at his hands.

BUT...it has come around to him and I just sit back and laugh. He's been in prison and I'm sure he's spent more time grabbing his ankles than he's spent standing upright!:biggrin:

We may never see it with our own eyes, but in the end, they do get their just desserts!

Amen!!

hey there Kim
Some who would not understand us would say gees don't you think your being evel I mean just listen to that laugh...I guess in some ways it is sadistic of me to fined humor in there stupidity buthey who the hell cares.
Your the first person besides my husband that would agree with me that it is so damb funny when they dig there own whole.:tongue: :occasion: :rofl: :rofl: Now arn't we both....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back