• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Relationship Does anyone here have a connection still with their sufferer partner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunshine71

MyPTSD Pro
Does anyone here have an emotional connection still with their sufferer partner?
Is there any hope?
I don't know or like the person who my hubbie has turned into and I feel so anxious around him - I don't want to.
I am desperate to work on us and have some affection but after years of supporting and the past year of him staying round a friends house I wonder what else I can do?
I have so much love to give and want to give it to my hubbie ... he says he does to but then nothing changes, I cry everyday and can not be myself around him.
Has anyone been though this? How can we get through it?
With love and thanks Sunshine x

Last edited:
Does anyone here have a connection still with their sufferer partner?
Is there any hope?
I don't know...
I wouldn’t say that we have a full-on connection. However, we’re connected by text only and for business only. I’m not sure now if it’s anniversary related, or him needing space, or a break up completely. We had a very beautiful relationship and I thought we were growing and getting stronger, however, out of no where, he just basically walked away without warning. I know that there are a lot of tricky people out there, but I’ve known him for a while and wouldn’t expect this behavior from him.

My vet has pushed me away consistently for the last year of our 4.5 year relationship.

He told me he didn't feel connected to me at all. Now I feel much like you do - lonely, disconnected and feeling like I'm acting in front of him for fear that if I am my authentic self it will result in a blow up or - in some ways worse - a personal attack or contemptuous remark from him.,

How long am I prepared to live like this? I'm not sure but not too much longer.

@Sunshine71 IF she is not symptomatic, IF she just got out of a therapy session that was good, and IF most of the stars line up then I can sometimes see that inner core person I knew a long time ago. On most days I see her struggling and on some days I look for somewhere to go.

Is there hope? I’m the eternal optimist; on most days I have hope that she will be able to manage her illness as long as she stays in her current therapies. Is there hope for us? I have accepted that it will never be as it was before her PTSD got worse but I hold on to hope that our relationship eventually arrives at a place that is good for each of us and both of us.

It’s still a work in progress.

Does anyone here have an emotional connection still with their sufferer partner?
Is there any hope?
I...
I know how you feel. My fiancé is also staying at a friend’s house at the moment but it definitely hasn’t been for as long as your situation, only since December. It’s teally hard to remain optimistic when you are not spending any time with your loved one and you have so much love to give them. I, like @Snowflakes am an eternal optimist. I love my man till the end of the earth and back and he is still texting and still communicating every day so I try to use that to fuel my hope when it feels like it is being diminished. Being a supporter you just have to have so much faith and the best thing to do is what @Sweetpea76 says and that is to give a lot of love and support and care to yourself. It is the only way forward and I have to keep pushing myself to do that! Sending hugs and care your way @Sunshine71

You're a caring person, you're a nice person. I just wonder why you hold on with idealism when the reality is that it's hurting you, and somethinf about him needs to change, but its beyond my understanding. I hope my other post didn't offend you... sending love your way you sound like incredibly loving and I feel your suffering. I hope things change and that you're able to both communicate to each other with clarity so you're not stuck in this 'yes but what if' world... hugs and hope, prayers and love to you. You're wonderful!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back