• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Does anyone know what the CPS count as evidence?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sarahhill

To be honest this isn't a topic I'd expect anyone to really know, but after scouring the internet and finding squat i was wondering if anyone knew what the Crown Prosecution Service count as evidence? Obviously DNA counts, Witness accounts work - but anything else? What if you don't have either of the two?

Gosh i can't type - i meant "does anyone know what the CPS count as evidence" for my title lol

I only know from my own experience With lawyer and custody is had to be experienced by myself or witnessed by myself, not third party and reported helped the case. As in did you report to police, child protection is it documented, was there an arrest what did they say. I know it is not the same as what you are asking but the only response I can give.

Evidence is anything.
Really depends on what the situation is, what the police have been informed could be evidence, and how they conduct their investigation.

Examples:
Phone records
Someone's account, whether that is a victim or a suspect or a witness
Medical records
CCTV
Forensics (DNA samples from people or objects, finger prints etc etc)
Circumstantial things to build up a picture
Surveillance (police can apply to secretly record or tap into people's phones and homes - in the UK, I don't know about other countries)

It really depends on what the situation is.

It also depends on what resources the police are going to put into the investigation. For example, in a case where they may seize electronic items - they may decide to get them forensically analysed or they may not. Or they may decide to seize one item and not another.
So it really depends on so many factors.

(I'm speaking from my perspective as a professional in the family court who sees, and works with , police investigations)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back