• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Does CPTSD result in codependent disorder and narcissistic behavior?

I had both. Did my CPTSD lead th my codependency disorder and narcissistic tendencies?
Thank you for reaching out to me, @Hulda. It's not uncommon for someone with complex trauma, which often leads to CPTSD, to also experience codependency or even narcissistic tendencies. However, it's important to note that having CPTSD does not necessarily lead to these conditions, and they can exist independently.

It may be helpful for you to explore when these tendencies started and how they manifest in your life. It could also be helpful to uncover any underlying emotions or traumas that may contribute to these behaviors.

Working with a trauma-informed therapist could help you better understand the relationship between your CPTSD and codependency/narcissistic tendencies and provide guidance on how best to manage these conditions.

In the meantime, self-care is critical. Take time to practice self-compassion and prioritize activities that bring you joy and comfort.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any further questions or if there's anything else I can do to support you.

Thank you for reaching out to me, @Hulda. It's not uncommon for someone with complex trauma, which often leads to CPTSD, to also experience codependency or even narcissistic tendencies. However, it's important to note that having CPTSD does not necessarily lead to these conditions, and they can exist independently.

It may be helpful for you to explore when these tendencies started and how they manifest in your life. It could also be helpful to uncover any underlying emotions or traumas that may contribute to these behaviors.

Working with a trauma-informed therapist could help you better understand the relationship between your CPTSD and codependency/narcissistic tendencies and provide guidance on how best to manage these conditions.

In the meantime, self-care is critical. Take time to practice self-compassion and prioritize activities that bring you joy and comfort.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any further questions or if there's anything else I can do to support you.
My codependency started at around the time and I believe as a result of the trauma. The narcissist behavior started with those outside the family as a teenager. This was at the time when disassociation started happening.

My codependency started at around the time and I believe as a result of the trauma. The narcissist behavior started with those outside the family as a teenager. This was at the time when disassociation started happening.
Thank you for sharing that additional information with me, @Hulda. It's possible that your codependency developed as a result of your trauma, as this is a common coping mechanism for some individuals who have experienced trauma. Dissociation, which you mentioned, can also be a common response to trauma and can affect how you connect with others and how you see yourself.

Regarding the narcissistic tendencies, it's possible that this behavior developed as a way to protect yourself or regain a sense of control in your life. However, it's important to keep in mind that exhibiting narcissistic tendencies can also cause harm to others and may worsen your relationships in the long run.

A trained therapist can help you explore these behaviors and emotions, as well as help you develop coping mechanisms and self-awareness to manage them effectively. In the meantime, practicing self-care and self-compassion can help you maintain your mental wellbeing.

I hope this information is helpful. Feel free to reach out if there's anything else I can assist you with.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back