• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Doxepin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kubash16

Policy Enforcement
My pdoc is switching my 100 mg Trazadone to 25 mg Doxepin.

I have been having a ton of issues with getting to sleep, staying asleep, feeling extremely fatigued during the day. I could easily fall asleep standing up. So my pdoc is changing meds and my gp is going to have me do a sleep study.

Does anyone have experience with this?

Woah.

This is one strange drug.

Awake for more than an hour in the middle of the night and don’t remember a thing. Don’t remember my first alarm going off either. In a good mood but feel so heavy and like there a butterflies throughout all my veins. Such a weird feeling.

I don't have any experience with it, personally - but its an interesting drug. I think you could ask your doc about trying a lower dose - but you should see if you are more acclimated to it after 7-10 days. I'm glad it sounds like it worked - sleep is so important, for everything.

I think it kinda worked? I did sleep a little, did feel like I slept. No wondrous night of full and restful sleep of course but I don’t expect that. It’s the being up for so long with no memory of it that concerns me. I did relay it to him and he wants me to give it a little while longer. It does nothing for the initial falling asleep though. It’s almost 10:30 and I’m still wired.

I don’t know about this drug, this sh*t is weird. I am sleeping, which is a huge plus right? That was the goal after all. The problem comes in not knowing if I’m sleeping or awake. I’m having these extremely vivid dreams of reality. They aren’t some far fetched never really gonna happen thing that just happen to be vivid and intense. I’m dreaming of helping my mom unload her laundry from her truck. I’m dreaming of putting groceries away. I’m dreaming of hearing my alarm, getting dressed, going to work, only to then wake up in bed.

What’s going to happen when it’s not the weekend anymore? Am I going to actually make it into work without just dreaming that I did?

@Kubash16 - I took this drug in the form of Silenor, 6 mg, and had similar reactions, especially the vivid dreams and not sure if I was asleep or not. I read some reviews on drugs.com about Doxepin and Silenor, and some folks had similar responses, some had great experiences, some had not so good experiences. I stopped taking it after 3 attempts as it wasn't working and ended up making me kind of freaked due to the dreams. You might want to call your doctor and see what he/she thinks.

So vivid, intense dreams every night and every time I even take a nap are still a thing. But the plus side is they really aren’t waking me up in the middle of the night anymore.

But, has anyone experienced weird eye pressure after starting this when driving in the dark? If I drive in the dark now, I see spots and lights and weird flashes in my periphery. My brother said that’s pressure around the eyes that probably occurs in the light as well and I just don’t notice it.

But, has anyone experienced weird eye pressure after starting this when driving in the dark? If I drive in the dark now, I see spots and lights and weird flashes in my periphery. My brother said that’s pressure around the eyes that probably occurs in the light as well and I just don’t notice it.
That’s a talk to your doctor immediately kind of symptom.

Sometimes it’s no worries, or a mild blood pressure issue... or increased ocular pressure can cause permanent blindness, or is an early warning sign of a medication induced stroke or aneurysm.

That’s a talk to your doctor immediately kind of symptom.

Sometimes it’s no worries, or a mild blood pressure issue... or increased ocular pressure can cause permanent blindness, or is an early warning sign of a medication induced stroke or aneurysm.

I will talk to him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back