• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Dreaming i'm back with my abuser

Status
Not open for further replies.

RiseAbove

New Here
Hi all.
My sleeps been getting better over the years, and I don't have as many nightmares as I used to. But I keep on dreaming that I'm back with my abuser. I find myself being back with him or letting him back in, and I keep on thinking "oh no, how did I get into this again". Everything is fine, he is nice and there's nothing there to be afraid of, but in the dream I'm confused and have no idea how it happened. Does anybody have similar dreams? Is it the fear or repeating the pattern?

I've had that kind of dreams with past abusers. I think it's related to not wanting to repeat the patterns.

Dreams are a way of the subconscious to bring things into the light and to heal them, it's possible to be underlying guilt too (which you don't need to have, but as we know we have it anyway).

Have you talked to your therapist about them?

You're not alone! I have good dreams about them, bad, horrible and horrifying, and some that just don't make sense. Somehow the ones that are harder to deal with in the morning are there ones where we're together and everything is great. I hope it gets better!

All the time! I wake up with this feeling of dread like I'm stuck again. Sometimes he's abusive in them & sometimes it's like everything is normal & we are happy. The ones where we are happy seem to be worse for me too. It's just an awful feeling of dread that stays with me all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back