• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

MVA Dust storm highway multiple car accident

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarah726

New Here
About five years ago I ended up in a kind of hell called a dust storm out on a highway in a desert area. I was hit from behind by a huge Ford Explorer it totaled my mini SUV...bc of almost zero visibility the emergency responders took a long time to arrive... I was alone in the car and was terrified not being able to see anything but a huge plume of dark orange grey dust, I could hear other car crash to the left of me, couldn't get out of my car obviously, felt like a sitting duck waiting for the paramedics and fire.... I still remember earlier that day around lunchtime a good five hours before my near fatal crash I had been having this funny uneasy but vague feeling... a clerk randomly said to me "are you having an okay day?" ( I said yes) he said "ok we'll take care, we never know for sure in life.." ? I felt so uneasy but couldn't make sense of it, it really felt like kind of a warning but I brushed it off-- he didn't know me or know I would later that day be in a dust storm accident. Has anyone else ever had a kind of bad feeling before something later happened ? It also happened to me early in the morning about six hours before I was assaulted later that day ) not related to accident, the assault was five years later.... I remember early that morning my stomach had butterflies and my heart was beating kind of fast, I felt so worried and looked at the date on the calendar and literally thought "what is it about today?" ... I tried to brush off that feeling and not be so "emotional" and headed right into what would become a very dangerous and traumatic experience

I don't recall any specific situations that I had a "bad feeling" before it went shitty.
I did however have a good sense of people despite being a fairly sheltered kid.

When I was 10, I remember meeting a friend's new stepfather. I didn't like him at all. Had no idea why, he was very polite to me but I just didn't like him.
Wasn't long after, I watched him beat his own two year old son, my friend, his mum and the family dog.
He never put a hand on me, thank God. But I learned never to ignore that "feeling" when I meet someone.

Glad you made it out of there. Knowing the danger is still out there, with no way to see it coming or get out of its way is a scary place to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back