• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Educational material on Trauma for Husband

Status
Not open for further replies.

SinkorSwim

MyPTSD Pro
Hello! Mods please place this in the correct category as I don't know where to put it. Any who I have a really hard time opening up to anyone including my husband, and I want to change that. I was talking to my therapist and we thought a good ice breaker starting point would be to give him some educational information to read on childhood trauma and ptsd. It doesn't have to be long maybe an article or two I can share. Something that would explain some of the things I face with maybe triggers, dissociation, anxiety, flashbacks, trouble sleeping etc....thanks!

There's an article here about the stress cup that is required reading for everyone dealing with PTSD. I'll come back and edit this post if I can find it.

That was fast.
It's a general overview but the stress cup explanation is especially critical.

Strong second on the Stress Cup... the shortened version is below

Another HUGELY useful thing for supporters (can be found pinned to the top of the supporters forum) are here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back