• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

EMDR stuff - Tonight while working with a young part in therapy I started to sing “baby mine” to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuirkyLady22

New Here
Tonight while working with a young part in therapy I started to sing “baby mine” to it. I only remembered one line and couldn’t place the song or voice. Initially I was humming it to my very young child self.

Later I looked up to line and saw it was from the original Dumbo movie and I started crying. I have only seen it once because what happens is so overwhelming. I must have watched it really young.

I couldn’t believe it was a lullaby from a childrens movie. It amazes me how therapy brings me there to those very young places.

Interesting choice of song because it’s about motherly love. My session was around lack of that love and wanting it so bad. I listened to it several times while my partner held me. He knew all the words.

Have you considered starting a Trauma Diary?

Whilst Trauma Diaries are often used for exposure therapy ? They’re also places where we can make note of what’s going on in our lives, keeping track of nightmares, insights in therapy, patterns we’re working on, etc… when we don’t have specific questions we’re looking for other people to answer, or shared experiences, etc.

Whilst Trauma Diaries are often used for exposure therapy ? They’re also places where we can make note of what’s going on in our lives, keeping track of nightmares, insights in therapy, patterns we’re working on, etc… when we don’t have specific questions we’re looking for other people to answer, or shared experiences, etc.
Hello Friday,

How does one start with a Trauma Diary?

Dumbo and a lot of other Disneyfilms were the only safe place in my childhood. The analysis of Disney films by several renowned psy-people is astonishing.

Love this.

How does one start with a Trauma Diary?
The short version is that Trauma Diaries are simply a thread of your own for you to discuss your issues: therapy issues, life issues, emotional issues, dream issues, whatever takes your fancy.

Privacy varies:
Trauma Diaries are open to members and guests.
Trauma Diaries (Members) are open to members only.
The Private diaries are visible only to you and Admin.

You can have one diary in each category. You can take a look at some of the existing diaries to see how other members use them.

If you have any questions or concerns about diaries and how they work, feel free to hit us up at Contact Us and we can go through it with you.

Thanks! Will consider it!

Yup, that's EMDR. It's full of surprises. Most are not the good kind. But as I look back, it all came out at the right time.

Good luck with your diary @QuirkyLady22. I havent been able to keep one because it feels like paperwork and thats where my last problem was so anxiety spikes way too much even thinking about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back