• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

EMDR with OSDD (formly DDNOS) alters

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot packed here!

OSDD here as well. We started -just did it a few times- getting acquainted with the different EMDR tools. The tappers are recommended for heavy dissociation and I enjoy them because they physically ground me while doing the bilateral movements.

I have to say I barely remember doing EMDR the 1st time but my protector did actually more EMDR than I did. It just happened that she has getting stuck on a certain memory that I did not have and after some talk and reading about it she agreed to give it a chance. I guess even if we didn't get to keep on working on it because COVID happened, it did help even though it was tough, because thanks to her doing EMDR on those memories, I got to learn about them...

My suggestion would be to start in person with your eyes open. Precisely because we dissociate so much it was advised to keep our eyes open. Also, much shorter sets and going back and forth between a memory or a sliver of it and a safe image or place.

The butterfly hugs have been suggested for use in remote therapy but when I am spaced out most of the time I can't move so we figured it would not be very efficient. That is why the buzzers -that is how we call them- are ideal...they keep the bilateral stimulation going even when I was spacing out, contributing to grounding.

Also, the parts working on the memories and the protectors need to be on board. Nothing happened for me until she was kind of OK with it. The parts that need not work on the memories should stay in their safe spaces, especially in the case of more vulnerable or child parts.

To communicate -we find it hard as well- we journal. We happen to journal on my phone and we found it is easier for us to do it this way.

Sending love to all 💜

Thank you @Ireusa! That was super helpful!

My parts do stay in my safe place when not fronting. So I image they would stay there.

thanks to her doing EMDR on those memories, I got to learn about them...
That's one of my big goals with this. I need those big chunks of memories that I'm experiencing but can't remember.

Thank you @Ireusa! That was super helpful!

My parts do stay in my safe place when not fronting. So I image they would stay there.

That's one of my big goals with this. I need those big chunks of memories that I'm experiencing but can't remember.
Yes. I think that plays a role in therapy. To get to know about a few things... However, brace yourself, it is not easy. I'm grateful to have had a great therapist to process all this. Thankful you have one as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back