• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

End of the day thoughts

amc1024

New Here
Sometimes I feel like I wish I was dead. Like I don’t care anymore. Like it would be easier to not have to deal with anything. I feel lost and numb. I’ve had a productive day, I cleaned my room, I went to the gym, I rested when I felt I needed rest, and yet I feel nothing as I lay down to go to bed.
My boyfriend and I talked about moving in together at the end of January. When I think about it I feel anxious, like my head is going to explode. I want to move in with him, I spend most nights at his house and it would make my life much easier, but the thought is so stressful it makes me want to avoid it.
I just don’t understand why I can’t be happy, be normal, respond normal to stressful situations. I don’t want to deal with any of this anymore.

I feel the same way. I’m sorry you are struggling with this. I too wish I could respond normally to stressful situations.

Many people who feel very depressed don't enjoy doing activities that they'd normally enjoy doing.

The fact that you aren't enjoying doing tasks to try to make yourself happier is a problem felt by lots of those with clinical depression. So it's not just you, Amc1024. You aren't the only one. You aren't alone.

Also, lots of others wish they could respond better to stressful situations. You aren't alone in that respect either.

Just knowing you aren't alone may help you start to feel better, Amc1024.

Back