• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Everything's Good - Tricks of the dissociative brain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digz

MyPTSD Pro
I've been processing a new memory this weekend and it's been pretty hard going. Had a bit of a meltdown and a couple of hours later I'm thinking to myself, 'Hey, I feel fine now. Nothing wrong at all. I'm completely over it.'
Then I eat 5 oreos and get out a knife to cut my arm and realise I'm not fine. My brain just likes to tell me all is good. It's the master of hide and seek! I can't help but laugh!

@Digz , totally get it. I had a new memory a couple of weeks ago that hit me squarely in the face. Crumbled. Then: totally ok. Then: crumbled. Then: can't even begin to think about how I felt seconds ago when I crumbled because everything is fine.
The brain is just unbelievable at times.
I suppose there is method in it's madness? But I really don't know what it is.

I hope you are doing ok.

I suppose it's good the memory is coming back because your brain thinks you're in a better place to deal with it? And the fact you're recognising (even if your brain is telling you one thing) that this is a process?

My own personal SUDS scale ;)

10 - I'm Fine - This is bad.
09 - Peachy - Beyond f*cked.
08 - ............ - We've now gone nonverbal with rage or worse. Not good.
07 - Outstanding - Many things are seriously wrong
06 - Rage Up - Firestorms
05 - Anxiety Up - Lightning in my veins & cold in my belly
04 - Alright - Something is seriously wrong
03 - Ish / Okay - Not really, but not bad off, either.
02 - Pretty Good - On par, more things are right than are wrong
01 - Damn Good - Yes, actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back