• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Evie's Trip To London

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim

MyPTSD Pro
Evie is feeling rather down on herself currently. However. Whether she wishes to admit it or not, she performed exceptionally well whilst in London this past week. No panic attacks in spite of being in many crowds. Went shopping, tried on clothes and looked at herself in the mirror. Literally unheard of for her. Spoke with several strangers. Was downright outgoing with some friends of ours she hasn't seen since being a little girl. Even went off on her own, without yours truly, on several occasions. Really I was astonished. Very proud of her.

Jim.

Oh wow congratulations to Evie!! Did you guys like London? I live there, am in London right now. This is my home when I am not up north at University. London is VERY crowded, i often struggle not to flip out particularly on trains!! Talking to people... also impressive since most Londoners aren't too friendly...

Well done evie, be proud of yourself :)

Lisa.

Don't believe Evie yet realizes this thread exists, as she is limiting her view of the forum. However. Thank you Lisa and veiled, appreciated.

Jim.

OMG I didn't know this thread was even here. I got a weird pain in my chest when I saw it, it startled me! :p

Anyways thanks Uncle, Lisa, veiled.... I haven't been feeling so good since I returned from London, that's true, but I did have a wonderful time there. I really surprised myself. Seems a big city is not as intimidating to me as I thought it would be. I loved it! It was so exciting. Not to mention, doing okay in London is encouraging me to think about going to Tokyo again!! :) Not sure I've ever shared this on the forum, can't recall, but once my health is better, I had wanted to go to Tokyo for a few weeks, to study manga (Japanese comics). I had sort of given up on the idea because of my anxiety, but considering how well I fared in London, I now feel encouraged that I may be able to go to Japan afterall. That would be so fantastic! I already draw manga, but it is one of my biggest dreams in life, to study manga in Japan, where it originated.

You did do extremely well darling, we are so proud of you. And we would dearly love to see you go to Japan!

Evie,

A trip to Japan would be awesome! Both of my daughters draw manga (watch manga, read manga, talk about manga...you get the point). They both also took (and the youngest is taking) Japanese in school as a second language. As a family we watch animated mangas now. Never thought I'd own up to liking some of them. LOL I hope you get to Japan. Never underestimate the power of dreams.

BTW-I'm glad you enjoyed your trip to London. And glad you got to see that you could do it. You go, girl!

Lisa

Evie

Never give up on your goals or dreams. From what I understand your progress of late has been remarkable so go for it...........I look forward to hearing from you all about Japan and manga :wink:

Nicolette

Very true Jodee. Don't believe she's quite ready yet. However. I am willing to provide the funding should Evie wish to visit you, Anthony, or anyone else in Australia.

Jim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back