• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Exercise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roland

MyPTSD Pro
Wasn't sure if I should put this in general, social, or treatment, but I'd like to encourage everyone that exercise is literally a game changer. I've gotten to where I can feel the tension building in my body and I want to exercise to release it. I workout at home with YouTube videos, and a few sets of dumbbell weights. I also like to dance. I realize this isn't possible for everyone, due to many reasons, but anything you can do to move your body will likely help release that 'fight' energy. Obviously, be careful everyone, don't hurt yourself, don't use exercise as a form of self-harm, warm up correctly, and do movements that works for you and your anatomy. If you don't really like exercise find something you do like.

That said, if you do exercise, what do you like to do? If you also use YouTube, please post links, I tend to get stuck in the same routines over and over.

Exercise is great. I'm training for a marathon at the moment. I love getting 'in the zone' when running. I also love swimming and just having that more gentle exercise.
But (!), Exercise has also been a trigger for me. I can get intrusive thoughts doing it. So I've been working to manage/overcome that.

There is a good you tube video I "followed"* in lockdown: a 10 minute core workout.

*A very very very watered down version!!

Exercise is great. I'm training for a marathon at the moment. I love getting 'in the zone' when running. I also love swimming and just having that more gentle exercise.
But (!), Exercise has also been a trigger for me. I can get intrusive thoughts doing it. So I've been working to manage/overcome that.

There is a good you tube video I "followed"* in lockdown: a 10 minute core workout.

*A very very very watered down version!!
Thanks for the video. Yes we have to be careful! Take care of yourself and good luck on your marathon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back