• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

News Exogenous ketone supplements reduce anxiety-related behavior in rats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadman

MyPTSD Pro
I know. I know. Its only a rat study but it does hold out the hope that exogenous ketone supplements can have a similar effect on humans.

Since many of the benefits of ketosis are mechanistically attributable to the ketone bodies, it is possible that exogenous ketone supplementation could mimic the therapeutic efficacy of the KD for certain disorders, including anxiety disorders, or other disorders, such as seizure disorders and AD that have a comorbidity of anxiety.

Full article here - Exogenous Ketone Supplements Reduce Anxiety-Related Behavior in Sprague-Dawley and Wistar Albino Glaxo/Rijswijk Rats

Currently you can buy exogenous ketones online but they are pretty expensive otherwise I'd be inclined to experiment on myself :)

Hmmm, one of the authors of the study just showed up on a podcast I listen to. Apparently he has been working with the Navy Seals on using Ketones to prevent seizures when they use rebreathers. He briefly mentions the potential for treating PTSD and anxiety in general towards the end of the podcast. Its the Dom D'Agostino episode.

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/podcast/mind-pump-raw-fitness-truth/id954100822?mt=2

If you just want the short version you can skip through to the 1:39:40 mark.

Ketosis vs. Ketoacidosis: What You Should Know

Hmmm. Thats a pretty anti-ketogenic article. Who's at risk of Ketosis? Maybe people on a Ketogenic diet? Like me? Or my neighbor's kid who has been on it for the past several years to treat a seizure disorder.

I always feel better in Ketosis. The only downside for me is the discipline required to stick to the diet when grabbing a frozen pizza is so much easier than finding some good fish, and fresh greens.

Any eating plan, if mismanaged, will lead to health problems. Some minor, some fatal. Ketosis is quite easy to mis-manage, especially if you are approaching it as a fad-like weight loss trick, and not as a medically sound nutritional plan.

I remember reading another study about exogenous ketones...I'll see if I can dig it up.

Atkins causes ketoacidosis?
Ketosis is what you go into with the Adkins diet, which is burning your fuel naturally
Keto acidosis and Ketosis are 2 different things
Blessings
message me and I can send you some links

Hmmm. Thats a pretty anti-ketogenic article. Who's at risk of Ketosis? Maybe people on a Ketogen...
You can use endogenous Ketones to stay in Ketosis

I know. I know. Its only a rat study but it does hold out the hope that exogenous ketone supplements ca...
I have been using them for a year...they can be priced higher but you do get what you pay for.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back