Exposure not working?

U

User5558

Maybe it's that that i don't remember a week where i have done exposure everyday for one hour but i have done exposure for as soon i realised that i can't run away but i don't see much progress some but if there is it's slow i don't know why should try something else?

Friday

where i have done exposure everyday for one hour
Exposing yourself to triggers and/or stressors and/or trauma history for a set time limit, regardless of your physical & mental/emotional reactions, isn’t exposure therapy.

i don't see much progress
I wouldn’t expect you to.

It would be like trying to learn how to swim by tying a weight to yourself and jumping into the sea, or sticking your pinkie in a drinking glass.

Chris-duck

MyPTSD Pro
as soon i realised that i can't run away
Yeah, I wouldn't really expect much progress this way, it's usually planned (So you feel in control), staying in a situation where you already feel unsafe isn't really exposure therapy, it's more grinning and bearing it til it ends. Do you have a T or anything to do it with? Cos say you're anxious going outside n force yourself outside for an hour and its awful the whole time, you're gonna come back in like "YES! I made it an hour!" but that doesn't change the part of you (the you in this random example) from thinking it's a dangerous thing that you somehow survived.

U

User5558

Well i for the truth to be told i can't get a therapist because of reasons... Is there any other way?

U

User5558

The reason i can't get a therapist is that if i get one the social workers will find out that i have a disorter and i will get sent to a hospital school again and don't want to go trough that hell one more time