• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Express "Whatever" And "All" It Is That Has You Swamped On Any Given Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

goingonhope

MyPTSD Pro
Many are not fond of complaints and/or don’t appreciate one who seemingly imposes complaints too often….well here on this thread anyone gets to freely and openly complain all they want, bc it’s beneficial to be done when and if need be, it doesn’t impose itself on anyone here, and we simply do not ever have to open this thread if complaining is simply not our style.

I happen to find it an outlet and it means for me a lot less worry and complaining to do at home. State it, get it out, perhaps learn something, dismiss it as quickly as possible, and move forward.

PTSD sufferer or not, everyone in life get’s buried under a sh’t load of work and accountability. This is a community voice/vent. Are you in need of expressing, just how swamped and with what, you may be in your life on any given day. I know I am. Just what struggles do you (we) face in your (our) daily life, threatening to overflow your cup, perhaps outside of PTSD but still resulting in added daily stress?

Being on a life or death undertaking, some of us with both enormous responsibilty and some very desperate needs, and perhaps little to no support system, be it family or otherwise. We sometimes struggle with the willingness to educate ourselves on our most devastating PTSD, expose our trauma, re-evaluate everything and heal. In order to do this, does this mean abandoning our present day realities and life responsibilities, for a constant, uncompromising, straight out assault of this ******* thing with all it’s trauma? Or, does it mean calling out effective principles and qualities such as: Acceptance, Balance, Moderation, Recovery and Practicality, despite our excuses, and in addition to and cooperation with, our Determination and Motivated, desperate efforts to heal?

I like what I read here: [DLMURL]http://www.ptsdforum.org/thread279.html[/DLMURL]
Originally posted by Anthony
“It astounds me more and more each day, more members finding this community, more people reading and getting to trust what happens here before diving into talking. So many affected, with so little scope of the actual significance and impact this disorder is having upon them.”

...so many affected with so little scope, ect. -this is and has been me for way too long.

And I like, so much more, which has been said, which I’m reading, learning and experiencing first hand. Another ex. being: “so don't think that everything is going to be dealt with in one week, because your setting yourself up to fail.”

...this remains my faulty thinking, but I'm learning.

And, “dealing more proactively with your trauma's, looking into things yourself, applying logic and reason. … the best person to help anyone, is themselves, just need to know how and have the tools in which to do it, being education.”

...presently practicing more and more, with very much to learn and continously working toward acquiring these tools.

And, I so appreciate this recognition of need “…you need to allow your mind some space to recover, and constant exposure will not give you that space, ie. if your on this board every day constantly, you are getting no recovery time.”

...presently accepting, learning and relearning this.

Just so happens that what’s in quotes above, just happens to be Anthony’s words, but we all know any and all of us do and have a great deal to offer ourselves and one another through love and our experience. My personal long-term goal is to turn my chronic and miserable PTSD experience into strength and usefulness and to tap into and have increased the love within me that has far too long been suffocated by hundreds and hundreds of forms of fear. And, to strive in this direction, all for family, myself and others. That’s my goal and I can’t get there alone, and I doubt anyone of us can, and so for as long as this forum exists, I’ll need all of you and I too will be here for you, in whatever ways I can, as much as humanly possible. Sometimes more helpful than others, sometimes quicker than others, and sometimes barely at all, while just able to survive myself, but none-the-less here.

As, as long as this forum exists, I’m hoping to utilize it, actively live and apply what I learn here, as well as elsewhere, into my life, and give and receive.

Wow! Did I ever go off track from my original intention, that being:

• PTSD sufferer or not, everyone in life get’s buried under a sh’t load of work and accountability. This is a community voice/vent. Are you in need of expressing, just how swamped and with what, you may be in your life on any given day. I know I am. Just what struggles do you (we) face in your (our) daily life, threatening to overflow your cup, outside of PTSD but resulting in added daily stress?

......Ps. Note: Want so badly to judge myself on this post, as my 'judge' needs to be put in it's place and my self-esteem needs tremendous work, but haven’t a clue what to conclude, on this. Oh, well, I happen to like it, bc it expresses precisely how I’m thinking and feeling, and yet I also happen to be still quite afraid of my own thoughts and the fun others could have with this post and my embellishment of it all. Oh’ well, what doesn’t kill me will make me stronger.

Having said all this, my first complaint is towards none other than myself. I am presently and unwisely, expecting to much from myself and pushing myself to hard and to fast. I need to and intend to follow the example of the turtoise in the story, “The hare and the turtoise.”

My face hurts,
My back and neck hurt,
My nose has been disfigured,
Nerve damage to my face,
This are all permanent things..
and there's not a darn thing I can do about any of this.

I would have to say hope, that is one of the most well written general topics about a person I have seen in some time actually. Concise, to the point, honest, and I take it that you are learning, which is the idea. Your learning about yourself, your self analysing, which is the exact idea which you need to be capable in order to heal yourself, because no amount of therapy can solve your problems if you cannot accept them yourself in the first place. No amount of therapy can make you believe something, if you don't have all the education and the determination to want to believe the facts vs. the fiction. Impressed to say the least... a role model if you like for those who are engaging the healing process at present. Well done.

no amount of therapy can solve your problems if you cannot accept them yourself in the first place. No amount of therapy can make you believe something, if you don't have all the education and the determination to want to believe the facts vs. the fiction.
I have had to tolerate hearing, so much nonsense and bull crap' in my life, without killing myself or anyone else, that when I read something, like what's above here in quotes, see it as so very constructive and true, and it's offered to me, I can't begin to express my appreciation in words.

Y&A, I'm without words to help, and I know you didn't ask anyone of us for reply, just simply stating what's what.

...I'm listening to you young & angry though, and wish were here, many, many hugs to you.
sincerely, Hope

young and angry. i am so sorry. are you able to get any compensation as a result of all of this? you don't have to answer, i just hope so.

i am experiencing such tunnel vision right now that it is acutlaly giving me a headache. i went grocery shopping and folded some laundry. is this really living??

Thank you Elvis... I really don't like making people feel bad, but thank you for your kind thoughts :)

I don't know if I can get compensation... honestly I don't even care... it's not like they can give me my old mind/face back. Ughhh... phew... that was close... I almost went on a rant (been doing that alot today, all over the forum)
I just need to get a good medical coverage plan so I can continue going to physical therapy, lol

Hi Hope, how are you.
Well my story is, I was in this shop in my town, it was last August, it was a frozen food shop called Iceland. And I was feeling on edge that morning. I was in the que at the checkout and this woman in front of me was carrying a single loaf of bread. And she had the nerve to pay for it with a chip and pin card. The loaf cost just 88p, and I blew my top at her, I accused her of being so lazy that to use a chip and pin card for 88p was a bloody disgrace, and that she should be ashamed of herself. Behind me in the que were other people waiting, and they started cheering me. And saying quite right to, Its a damn disgrace that paying for a loaf with a card, they were saying.
The girl's face was scarlet with embarresment, and close to tears as she walked out the shop. I didn't give a damn, I was so angry that somebody could be so lazy as to do that.
I know that all you girls are gonna clobber me for this, but what the hell.
Cheers
Scott:hit-boss: :kickass: :cussing:

what is a chip and pin card? Like a debit card they use to take the funds out of your account? Or like writing check.

I don't know what a chip and pin card is... but ...

The girl's face was scarlet with embarresment, and close to tears as she walked out the shop
The thought of having to go throught the embarresment you put that girl through... well it would be a nightmare for me... either of two things would have happened: (1) I would have clocked you in anger (2) or I would have run home and refused to come out.

Is this something that is 'swamping' or bothering you?? Because thats what I thought this thread was about... and the impression I get is this isn't something that is bothering very much.
Or am I reading it wrong? I know how easy it can be to misinterpret what someone says.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back