• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Facing a Trauma Anniversary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noone.

MyPTSD Pro
Anniversary coming up wish it was a good one. October 27 it was a Sunday. All the boys and I were having a decent enough day, man if I knew what was coming I might of called in sick. It was early when dispatch came over and banged a regular alarm for the Truck, Norwich apartment heavy fire showing. Our engine was still too far away, but then dispatch reported 7 people trapped. We caught the second and got their as fast as we could hoping there was a mistake or everybody would be out. The chief gave us search so my best friend Iggy and I ran to the front, I seen my brothers working on two children so I did the math. To my surprise 5 were unaccounted fore I ran up the steps Iggy went right I went left I came across a crib and to my horror lay a little baby I had to take my gloves off to be certain I snatched her up and told Iggy I was taking her out. Then we noticed the other children all laying together their eyes wide open, we got them all out and stayed with them as if trying to protect our own. We lost 7 children that cold October day the mother who left the children alone received 1 month in jail and got out time served and pregant. I'm sorry for the children, but I miss my friend. Be safe.

Firehouse, I noticed your trauma anniversary was a couple of days ago now. How did it go? Did you get through it all right? Take good care.

PTSD Tough Deal

Firehouse, I noticed your trauma anniversary was a couple of days ago now. How did it go? Did you get through it all right? Take good care.
Hello yes I did, it's not the best memory I have and unfortunatly it's not the worst, but we all have our problems. I would like to hear more about yours. Thank you.

I hate anniversary day's but they help us remeber too some it hurts us To more others
it teaches and they learn that some died for to pay and what they have done for us respect to that have brought them to this world

My personal trauma Firehouse? I actually do not have PTSD, I am a Carer, I have 3 family members with PTSD - my brother-in-law, my son and my stepdaughter. My husband suffered combat stress from operations in the Golan Heights in the 70s, but it did not become full blown PTSD. I suppose my biggest grief in life is that my son Brian, who had untreated Combat PTSD, sadly passed away earlier this year due to his drinking and driving.

This post was a while ago now but I used to get very agitated in October my anniversary, unable to sit still, felt the need to get away, more so in my 20's than now. The one yr ann of my dad's passing is coming June 9th........really not looking forward to that. Not sure how I'll do, since it's so recent and I'm still in disbelief.

I don't even know what to say. It just makes me tear up even thinking of what happened. I don't know how you do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back