• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

General Falling off radar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluebird1974

New Here
I’m super new to all of this. When a sufferer falls off the radar screen, how long does this typically last?
Also if a sufferer is triggered by an anniversary date, how long do they usually withdraw from everyone? Could it last months?
Thank you so much.

I’m super new to all of this. When a sufferer falls off the radar screen, how long does this typically last?
Anywhere from hours to years.

A lot of disorders to have ballpark times things generally last for, but PTSD isn’t really one of them.

It (everything) varies not only person to person, but each person themselves often has a spectrum of how things work for them, dependent on a whole helluva lot of other factors. My own self I have cycles that last for a few days, a few weeks, a few months, and years.
Also if a sufferer is triggered by an anniversary date, how long do they usually withdraw from everyone? Could it last months?
Could it last months? Easily.
But, again, it could also be hours, days, weeks, years... or not at all.

Is this person in your life with PTSD a friend, lover, partner, family, your kid/ someone else’s kid? (I started to write out something assuming it was someone you were dating, but figured asking would be better, as who they are to you changes what I’d be writing a whole lot)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back