• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Feeling Panic Stricken Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monarch

MyPTSD Pro
Crap! I hate this, I am really panic striken today, I just can't get over it and I keep feeling like I am going to cry. I don't cry, I haven't even cried in therapy, came close a couple of times but I always hold it back. Now I feel like I just want to cry all day, I am at work and I just went and sat in the bathroom for 20 minutes thinking about what I could do instead of crying I don't know what to do I have that panic, in a box feeling. I haven't slept a full night in a week and I keep waking up sweating but can't remember my dreams.:crybaby:

My heart goes out to you. I am in the same type of situation. I refuse to cry while I am at work but am getting close. Keep your mind on your work and get through the day. I plan on letting out a good cry when I get home today. I already warned my family I need me time when I get home. Good luck and hope you can find time to let it out. My wife thinks if I let it out I will sleep through the night here is to hope that it works.

hello

Hi, sorry it's been a while (I've been away from the computer for a while) and I'm so sorry to hear that you're having a tough time as well. Keep your chin up - I'm thinking of you & I'll send positive thoughts your way (I have a few left, lol!)... Take care.

Thanks I need some positive energy. I am seeing my therapist tonight, we have alot to talk about,I just hope it goes well. I am a little aprehensive.

I feel panic as this all encompassing grip, it feels as though I've about lost control crazy, having a heart attack, and the worst ones make me feel as though my atoms will burst apart. I've had panic attacks since I was in the single digits (I have always suffered severe nightmares, to the point of ripped sheets and nose bleeds making my pillow case covered in blood, I also used to sleep walk, but no trauma that I can remember that would cause panic attacks in one so young), I would run to my parent's room and beg them to tell me a funny story. Sometimes, when I'm in public with my husband, it starts to creep in, say at the market. My impulse tells me to grab like bleach and drink it. I try to control without a scene, and my vision will go white. It really begs the question why exsist when the existing is so painful. I'm not being suggestive or suicidal at all. I had a really hard night and now I have 8 bright red reminders to memorialize it. I haden't cut for two and a half months. Now it's just I'm so, so tired.

that is the worst Tiana, I think I have had panic attacks my whole life as well. The cutting thing is so hard I haven't done it in awhile and I told myself I wouldn't resort to that anymore, it isn't good for me but I do want to hurt myself sometimes. I picture myself with my hand in a vise grip and I tight down on it slow breaking all the bones in my hand. I am actually afraid I might do that but it wouldn't be the end of the World, just a broken hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back