• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Feels Like My Heart Stops, I Jolt Awake. Extremely Terrifying

Status
Not open for further replies.
People tell me it’s anxiety but sometimes I wondered if something else. I guess it makes sense considering I’ve been dealing with anxiety the past 3 years and am now on meds but I just don’t understand what is triggering this at night. I’m fine all day long and then this happens.

I get this too sometimes as I fall asleep or waking up in the night. My watch tracks my stress levels (fairly accurately I think) and I can see massive spikes in the night that coincide with R.E.M. sleep or when I’ve woken from a nightmare, so I think it’s a mixture of stress, anxiety and nightmares.

You definitely aren’t alone.

If you are already taking meds maybe you could speak to your T about the dose?

I literally just had a anxiety/panic attack 1 week ago and I tell you it was so bad I got in the car to go to the nearest urgent care they were closed I really started freaking out thinking I was about to die didn’t want to go to the hospital because of the COVID-19 that triggered me again Thank God it was a ambulance in the gas station on the corner as I approached I literally pulled up blew my horn and just started crying explaining to them the rapid heartbeat so they checked my oxygen levels said it was fine and stuck my finger to check my sugar all fine they said it was a panic attack and try not to think of my triggers and it has helped, I’m going to the doctor next week to make sure I’m fine and the sleep thing started as well I try to fall asleep and it’s like I can feel myself slowly getting there to be suddenly waken up cause I’m not breathing followed by the rapid heartbeat it’s so weird but thanks to everyone I have read all of these posts and I know stress plays a part and I have been taking Vitamin D just bought a multi vitamin today so I’ll repost to let you guys know GOD BLESS US ALL..❤️

I used to get this regularly right before going into sleep paralysis. I would be paralysed so I couldn't jump back into the waking state so easily. It would feel often like my heart skipped a beat and also that I would stop breathing temporarily

the sleep thing started as well I try to fall asleep and it’s like I can feel myself slowly getting there to be suddenly waken up cause I’m not breathing followed by the rapid heartbeat it’s so weird but thanks to everyone I have read all of these posts and I know stress plays a part and I have been taking Vitamin D just bought a multi vitamin today so I’ll repost to let you guys know GOD BLESS US ALL..❤️

So this not breathing thing... I've noticed this when I get these crazy panic attack things as I'm drifting into sleep. I suddenly become aware that I'm not breathing and it's connected to all kinds of weird phenomena. Last night I went into it at one point and saw that I couldn't breathe, like there was ice in the place I would usually breathe into. I could breathe into the ice with a lot of determination. One of the positive aspects of all this is I'm learning and observing all kinds of interesting things. Seeing connections between things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back