• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Fibro Fibromyalgia and constant pain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Punky143

MyPTSD Pro
Both physically and emotionally. I want to focus on the physical since I believe is the result of all the emotional pain. Now that the humidity is here, it exasperates the chronic muscle pain. I have fibromyalgia and have had it since a young age. It can come and go but in the last few, more often then not. And it's wearing me down big time. I see my T 2x a week and because of the more recent traumas, they have brought out this unknown past of ours. I don't complain about it to anyone other than a close friend and husband. People just don't want to hear about it. I have a Neuro and have tried a couple medications but the side effects were too much. Anyone have suggestions? I take magnesium, b12 along with a small amount of psych meds. Thanks

I have something similar, which is sometime misdiagnosed as Fibro, Ehlers Danlos Syndrome. I'm not saying Fibro isn't real. I mean that I was wrongly dx'd with Fibro instead of EDS. I hope I'm making sense lol. There are similarities and I can understand the chronic, daily, pain. I take Magnesium and B12, but find was advised by a doctor who is known for treating chronic pain patients, to also take 2 - 4 vitamin D, everyday. It did lower my pain levels. For some reason, people with Fibro, ME, CFS, EDS, Lyme, etc., don't synthesise Vitamin D, very well, from the sun. I live in the country and spend a lot of time outdoors. My test results often show low vitamin D, if I'm not taking a supplement. I also have to take iron everyday for the rest of my life. Thankfully, I've found an iron supplement that doesn't taste awful. Of course, I'm not a doctor and it's probably best to see what a blood test finds. I hope that helps. :)

Guh! I don't know how to edit my comment.... I mean initially diagnosed with fibro instead of EDS. Now dx'd with EDS, instead. I don't think I'm explaining myself well. *facepalm* Oh dear.... :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back