• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Finally deleted ex's texts! we broke off finally in october 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

littleoc

MyPTSD Pro
My phone storage needed to be gone through (is that good gammars?) so I was deleting apps I haven't used in a while, and finally texts.

I have no idea how many texts I had from Brandi. But I scrolled through them and.. was surprised I ever liked her. Her texts are short, rude, and she spent a lot of time complaining about her life (especially things she talked about changing but just never did), while I never did -- because (1) she would worm out every detail, including ones I wasn't comfortable sharing, and (2) then she would complain that I was always complaining and she dreaded it when I texted... but got upset if I didn't text her...

Anyway, I deleted our texts. Last ones were on October 17, 2017. I hadn't deleted them before because I thought I might enjoy the good times such as her joking back (so rare it's hard to find, and also I didn't enjoy them while scrolling through... just wondered what I even saw in her), and because I was convinced she was going to take legal action against me. I was convinced that I wronged her.

But, uh... nope. I screenshotted a couple things that could be used in a court case, but hopefully I'll be over that fear soon.

I now have a gigabyte of free space, so far :) Might be a small accomplishment, but it feels like a lot! It's a big step for me and soon it'll get even easier to get rid of the rest

(Next: deleting her pictures. I'm not sure why I'm keeping them...? Looking at them freaks me out (I have facial blindness and can't recognize her, plus she looks terrifying and trashy) but maybe it's the fact that they're the first pictures on my phone? She took my phone from me the SECOND my mom gifted it to me and started taking pictures of herself. Even set my backgrounds. Weird person)

Still slightly worried the air conditioner I got back from her will be hurt somehow but whatever (hopefully not)

Also need to get rid of her literally-hundreds-of-weird-letters.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice work !!!!
That's amazing! It's so impressive! I am a little in awe of your resolve and you sound so upbeat! This...
Thank you! :D :D

Maybe I should give up on that relationship ever starting again....
I wish I could help you decide or know -- but you'll get there, I think. Sorry that happened for you though -- but thank you :)

Lessons learnt, mended heart
Exactly! :hug:

Just deleted her pictures as well. The ones that were bothering me most.

When my mom gifted me my phone, my ex had snatched it from me and started playing on it and taking pictures of herself. I can't recognize her anymore, so now they just look like weird pictures of a stranger who took my phone one time :P

She also took a picture of the person she was cheating on me with. Jamie was huddled in the corner hugging a stuffed animal instead of helping to set things up. Not a picture I need, obviously.

Looking back, I notice it's a bit silly to have ruminated on this -- I know it's human but it sure wasn't useful. Glad it's done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back