• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sufferer Finally talking about what happened to me, it's extremely hard to reach out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there, I’ve never done anything like this. But I have extreme anxiety, trauma, CPTSD, and a traumatic brain injury, I mean honestly the list goes on and on… I am just trying to reach out to SOMEONE, just ANYONE for help, just someone to HEAR, ME… someone to LISTEN and MAYBE, even talk back… I don’t know, but I don’t want to do this wrong. My anxiety stops me from doing almost anything to do with my healing, whether it’s something as small as talking to someone, or answering a phone call or text. All the way to attending my EMDR sessions for my treatment… so I don’t want to chicken out and not end up posting just something simple even, just because of my anxiety this time. Honestly I don’t really like entirely know what to post about, except I just want someone to know and acknowledge that I’m speaking up. I’m not continuing to be silenced anymore… I’m finally telling my story. I talked to an attorney today and told what has happened to me my entire life. I’ve only basically started my story, but in reality isn’t that the truth as well? I’be only just begun. I’m hoping for the beginning to my new life. So I guess talking, and finding supports, is a good next step? I don’t know where to find any online support groups. I would absolutely love to finally be involved in something that I actually get to meet with other survivors, talk and listen… maybe someone has some resources they could be willing to possibly share? I’m not sure, again, I truly hope I’m not doing any part of this the wrong way… thank you for taking the time to read this if you have gotten this far.. I appreciate it more than I can express… thank you. Truly.

Welcome to the forum. You will feel acknowledged and listened to here. As sideways notes above , support services differ across different countries so its difficult to recommend. You mention you have had / are having emdr ? Is this with a trauma therapist?
Have a look at the different forums on this site there is a lot of support information available.
I wish you all the best in your recovery.

congratulations on finding the courage to take those first steps out of the proverbial closet. the first steps are the hardest, so ? ? ? no minimizing. ya done good, my friend celebrate the progress. celebrating the itsy bitsy baby steps goes a long way toward building confidence.

for finding support for your healing journey, one place to start is by typing "ptsd support groups" into your search engine. google generated more than 52 million results when i plugged in those very words. of course that is more chaff than grain, but it's a place start.

steadying support while you find the next step on your courageous healing journey. stay brave.

Hi there, I’ve never done anything like this. But I have extreme anxiety, trauma, CPTSD, and a traumatic brain injury, I mean honestly the list goes on and on… I am just trying to reach out to SOMEONE, just ANYONE for help, just someone to HEAR, ME… someone to LISTEN and MAYBE, even talk back… I don’t know, but I don’t want to do this wrong. My anxiety stops me from doing almost anything to do with my healing, whether it’s something as small as talking to someone, or answering a phone call or text. All the way to attending my EMDR sessions for my treatment… so I don’t want to chicken out and not end up posting just something simple even, just because of my anxiety this time. Honestly I don’t really like entirely know what to post about, except I just want someone to know and acknowledge that I’m speaking up. I’m not continuing to be silenced anymore… I’m finally telling my story. I talked to an attorney today and told what has happened to me my entire life. I’ve only basically started my story, but in reality isn’t that the truth as well? I’be only just begun. I’m hoping for the beginning to my new life. So I guess talking, and finding supports, is a good next step? I don’t know where to find any online support groups. I would absolutely love to finally be involved in something that I actually get to meet with other survivors, talk and listen… maybe someone has some resources they could be willing to possibly share? I’m not sure, again, I truly hope I’m not doing any part of this the wrong way… thank you for taking the time to read this if you have gotten this far.. I appreciate it more than I can express… thank you. Truly.
i hear you, buckets of empathy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back