• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Financial Stress-Out! Rising Fuel Prices

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildfirewildone

MyPTSD Pro
:eek: I don't know how the rest of you in the States are doing with the high cost of gas....I am finacially going under:frown: I find myself in a constant state of anxiety as now I have only enough money to purchase 6 gallons of gas....till the end of next week...That could very well mean that I won't be able to see my T this week:crybaby: I had to cancel my psychodoc appointment and another medical appointment for this coming week...I'm afraid if I need medical attention for anything this week I'll have to go without...There's no psych help for PTSD in my county and so I have to drive to get the medical appointments ......CRAP:angry-fla If I get triggered I would be in serious trouble!!!! I wouldn't even have the gas to get to the only hospital that would really take care of my well-being and not traumatize me!!!!:crybaby: I am really bummed out that the only food i can use now is what the community resources give out...no fresh fruits and veggies that my body craves!!!! All I get from the county is $10 in food stamps...what a bitch!!! Don't know how or if I can handle all of this....SEEKING THE PEACE

Ugh that really sucks, I'm sorry. I take it you can't take public transportation to your appointments? Do you have any friends who could help you get there? I don't really know what else to say, I live in a different country than you so the resources we have here are quite different I'm assuming. I can only tell you that I am thinking of you and hoping it all works out somehow.

You said you get food stamps? What kind of medical do you have (is it provided by the state like medicaid)? The reason I ask is that here where I live (WA State) if you get medicaid then your medical coupons will pay for a cab to take you to medical apointments.

Yes, that's an excellent point Jet, we have that here too for low income people, cab rides or bus fare for medical appointments. I didn't want to say anything though as I don't live in the USA. It would be nice if where WF lives she could get that as well, here's hoping.

Thanks for the info everyone....I will check on getting help to get to medical appointments through our state and county human services [welfare] Every state and every county in Ohio is different....I do have both Medicare and Medicaid but have never heard about getting any help with medical rides....In my county it seems that whatever services are available is kept rather secret....the government agencies don't seem to want to part with much of their funds....I will talk to my casemanager from our local mental health center and maybe he'll do some digging for me....Today I napped just about continuously as I've not had much sleep during the past week....I so need to see my psychodoc this week but there's nothing that I can do about it :crybaby: I do have an appointment scheduled for June 7th....What's soooo difficult is the constant threat of not getting my medical needs met...I am concerned that this stress could spiral me down into being hospitalized...God..I've suffered enough in my growing up years and I'm STILL suffering...Not only from the PTSD symptoms themselves but the overwhelming stresses of trying to live in such deep poverty!!! What's really tough is that I can't see my situation getting any better for quite some time...My feelings of despair seem to be getting deeper....I know I've not done anything wrong to deserve any of this....but still I continue to suffer:crybaby: I know in my county that they don't consider my medical costs when deciding my food stamps...I was told once that $10 was the amount as they couldn't give me any LESS!!!:boxem: I think that my owning a vehicle my scuttle me getting any help for getting to appointments...I won't know for sure till I check it out next week though...SEARCHING FOR PEACE

Medicaid often will reimburse the mileage per so many cents per mile. Here it is 30 cents per mile but the trip has to be over 30 miles one way for them to cover it. Each state has different rules. The state medicaid should be ale to help you make sure they cover medical mileage to psych appointments. I had to fight with my state and county 2 years to get that covered even though it is a medicaid covered service..
nora in Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back