• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Fired?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FauxLiz

Sponsor
Well I compiled the results of my evaluation and it wasn’t pleasant but I didn’t think it was that bad. But I had coffee this afternoon with one of the board members and now I am terrified. Their interpretation of the others responses is that the board intends to fire me at the meeting Monday night.

Now I don’t know how to react what to think if I should go in and clean my office over the weekend so that if I do get fired it will be easier to pack up?

I am broke have no savings left can’t afford to not have insurance to help with therapy and prescriptions and I haven’t seen my T since Tuesday won’t see again until next Tuesday after the meeting and with everything this week I am really struggling to self soothe

I should go in and clean my office over the weekend so that if I do get fired it will be easier to pack up?
No. Because their interpretation might be wrong and it would be hard to explain why your office is packed up if you DON'T get fired.

Is that the way that outfit works? No discussion, no chance to improve, just an evaluation & you're out the door? Seems pretty harsh.

BTW, it seems a little odd to me that, over coffee, a board member would say "Oh, yeah, I read that stuff and they're going to fire you." I mean, who DOES that? Most people would spin things a little, leave room for doubt, etc, rather than make such a blunt statement. Most people would try to avoid leaving you to worry, with no way out, all weekend. That wasn't very useful. (Or nice.)

@scout86 Who does that sort of thing the same kind of crazy people that have on tape called each other various thing ranging from: homophobic, liar, cheat, criminal, misogynist and those are the things I will repeat. As for my office I don't want to go pack up I was thinking in terms of going through and getting all my filing done, make sure there isn't any personal paper between other pages (things that were in my car from personal meetings that got mixed up with work papers when I grabbed things to go in from a work meeting away from the office. Nothing to be ashamed/worried about but that I will need at some point and never get back from them.

Are they the kind to just fire over a single bad review yes. I actually work in local government and it can be as toxic and finger pointing as the federal government.

All round it’s an awful situation, and it sounds like a pretty toxic work environment. But if you can, maybe do something between now and Monday that will be distracting (maybe even a little self-soothing). Ride the wave till you actually know, till they’ve actually told you one way or the other. We deal with this if/when it happens, yeah? In the meantime, maybe focus on self care.

@EveHarrington I agree many places are toxic but most at least don’t put the proof on tape and then air it on cable access and YouTube for the entire world to see. And unfortunately I can’t blame my PTSD on them because although working there the last three and a half years has been like going back to living in an abuse relationship you struggle to get out of employment abuse isn’t illegal.

Today I really do think I need to work at my office either way the filing needs done and if nothing happens Monday night great all that work is done and we all get a clean start come Tuesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back