• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Firewall Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

anthony

Founder
I've made some further tweaks to our firewall, where an automatic check is done from anyone on the continents of Africa, Antarctica, Asia and South America. If the user is legit in their browser, it should automatically pass them through to the site with no further checks. If the system detects anything strange, it will ask them to fill a captcha.

Oceania and North America are open, and many European countries have been placed into the same requirements due to the spam from those sources. I originally had Europe as a continent, but have just changed that to instead reflect the worst offending countries are covered, and all else is open.

That should reduce any further rubbish traffic, and hopefully not affect any legitimate users. My aim is to have 99% legit users hitting this site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back