• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

First Time Post - Inderol Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

2quilt

MyPTSD Pro
I found this site by doing a search for Inderol treating PTSD after that story ran on 60 minutes a few weeks ago. I am not sure if I want to try Inderol now; maybe I need to get more feedback from you all who have had experience with it before I make any decisions.

I am having trouble typing. Do you all have trouble typing on this website? I have to type my words several times to make them appear in the box.

Cymbalta has worked miracles for me, and EMDR too, although it is difficult to get through.

The typing problem is getting on my nerves.

Welcome to the forum and good luck finding your med info. We have a bit in the information section. I would suggest if you are coping without an extra med then keep doing so. You have to come off meds eventually any way and it is easier to go without if you can and learn to manage PTSD than it is to go through withdrawal and still do the same thing. Meds are good for short term use long enough to gather good info on healing if you flat cannot cope and then doing it. And accepting it hurts a lot and is a long road.

And no I have not had trouble typing here since I went with Firefox and dropped Internet Explorer.

Hi 2quilt,

Welcome to the group!!!!!!!! Tons of information here so check it out.

I too am on Cymbalta. 30mgs daily. I have tried just about every anti depressant on the market and all have caused such horrid side effects I gave up. Then I was having so much pain throughout my body that my Dr suggested Cymbalta. I argued the point, and hemmed and hawed, but finally gave in. JUST for a try... First AD that didn't give me any side effects. Been on it for 2 1/2 yrs, thinking of weaning off it.

So again... Welcome.

Wendy

:hello: & Welcome to the forum 2quilt. Hope you find answers to everything you need here and more.

I have never taken neither Inderol nor Cymbalta before so therefore have no experience here. I am glad you found us though and again Welcome, 2quilt.

Hope

Welcome to the Forum!

Inderal is another name for Propranolol. There are many discussions the experiments of using this drug for PTSD. Just search the forum for Propranolol.

Bec

I tried atenonlol (it is also a beta blocker, like inderal) It helped me with my uncontrollable shaking when i was first diagnosed. Now, if i know I am going into a stressful situation I will take one it has helped me immensly. My symptoms are much less now and I no longer need it daily.
Apparently it is also supposed to help with nightmares, i am not really sure if it did or not.at that time everything seemed beyond my control and I don't remember, really.
Good luck as you continue your healing process.

Welcome to the forum I am a recent user of propanolol 120mg a day so far it has helped with the shakes and I have had less flashbacks not sure if its in relation to the drug or my therapy but I have nothing negative to say other than I have to watch my B/P good luck this is a great place

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back