• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Flashbacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

gentlelady

Learning
I have been battling flashbacks for the past two years. My therapist has been working with me to desensitize the triggers and work through the hot spots. The problem is that there are just so many and new ones keep adding to the mix. At times it can be completely overwhelming. They are taking over my life. They used to come mainly at night, but they have drifted into daytime now too. I find myself dissociating more often. I suppose I am trying to escape from the flashbacks. I am tired. What if I don't have what it takes to fight back?

Lady, I have been facing flashbacks that are increasingly intrusive on my daily routine.

Happens at work, I freak.

Don't know how long it will take to work this all out.

Hang in there,

TexasKitty

Hi Gentlelady.

I'm not sure that you can really escape from your flashbacks, (at least not right away) but you can learn how to ground yourself when they pop up. There is a whole thread on breathing and grounding in the archives. These techniques may help you. Just look up breathing and grounding and you should go right to it.

If you have any problems finding it just say so and I or someone else will help you. Meanwhile take good care of yourself.

Best wishes, Morgan

Hang in there! We know exactly what you mean. As one of the other members often says "PTSD- the gift that keeps on giving":crazy::wall:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back